How long are flare ups

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm on my third week its not as intense but my poor tummy is like a volcanic eruption at times and the nausea is always leerking about ready to pounce.

My fatigue is better and I don't feel so unwell in myself but its still their

Someone told me their flare up lasted months I'm hopeing they got it mixed up with weeks.

I am returning to work tomorrow no matter what I can't aford all this time off besides I need to pay my bills

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh god Bethnal that's terrible. Isn't it a terrible thing to have. Hope you are feeling better soon. My flare up started a wk last Saturday I'm still not right. But the gas and the diarrhoea was terrible. Doespecially ur stomach gurgle.

• Posted

My tummy do all sorts to describe it I say its live being driven over a hump back bridge to fast, then it feels like butterfly's yes it gurgle, at times it like someone has the palm of their hand on it with a gentle push, weird

• Posted

What are you eating?
    • Posted

Hi Sam

I am eating soup with slice brown bread, sloppy porridge, sometimes all bran or weetabix, boiled eggs

Egg sandwich not fried. Not a lot really like cheese sandwhich but eat more toast than anything else

• Posted

I have recently added (old school) mineral oil. Seems to really help. Along with my probiotics and husk fiber.. I am back in the clear. Had a brutal week. My stomach will fill like it is being pushed from the inside out. Odd ..comfortable feeling.
    • Posted

I am taking peppermint oil capsules but only started them yesterday so must give them time to see if they are as good as I have been told, take my fybogel got my paracetamol's and smelling salts in case my giddy head starts

Hopefully I have covered it all but just to be on safe side something like prunes maybe handy to keep in cubbard

• Posted

Hi Bethia,I would stay off the Allbran for awhile as it's quite rough on your system.Porridge is good as it's soluble fiber and that's what's needed,hope you are ok at work tomorrow.

• Posted

Thanks , I sure will do that mate
  • Posted

Today is  end of week three for me and I feel so much better and back to normal but it was a long 3 weeks Colonoscopy is end of March.Per my doctors orders I continued to eat light (low fiber) last week and I think it helped a lot. My bowels are back to normal without Metamucil. Feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.