How long before sertraline works???

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all

after trying everything from exercise, healthy eating, massages, cbt, mindful apps ive now given in and gone down the meds route reluctantly.

ive been given 50mg of sertraline (ssri) its only day 2 but i feel runbish, nausia and zombie like, i think this is normal but when does it shift round to feeling more normal and like my old self? (whatever that is)

any ideas from people who've taken it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I just started day 2 as well, and holy cow is it miserable. Reading these forums help get me through the day little by little, I desperately want that light at the end of the tunnel so many people here have had. many people here seem to remember feeling better between 4 and 8 weeks, it varies with everyone ive read about haha. but they all say the misery at the beginning is well worth the outcome! Stay strong, im trying to as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.