How long before strength comes back ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It’s been 6 weeks since I was hospitalized with an attack. Suffered through antibiotics for a month with smoldering infection.   Still no energy  to do much. Very tired at night.   Would be helpful to know if others had this experience. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes Jane it's been close to a month and although I can get out of bed still sick and weak no energy

• Posted

Yes, I was out of it for 2 months, drink lotsa water, cranberry juice, beef bone broth, take probiotics, also Tumeric  is good , you can find recipes on line for drinks. Also apple cider vinegar with lemons . Are you on soft diet now? What do you eat? This disease takes time and patients to heal.  This is a good forum for advice and suggestions. Best wishes 🙏🤗

• Posted

12 weeks since flare. Flagyl did the job and pain went. Now having careful diet and its ok but i am very tired all,the time and the mornings are,the worst.  Also developed utis which are not responding, couldmthese be related tomthe diverticular and when domyounthinkmenergy will,return
    • Posted

For breakfast I have a banana, bowl of Raisin Bran crunch n I add all bran   I don’t drink the milk   OJ.   Lunch is turkey sandwich   Tuna fish tastes good   Dinner salmon.  Fish or chicken. Still no appetite for red meat or wine.  I miss Caprese salad. I know there r differing views on seeds but I’m not taking a chance right now. This has been horrible. Snacks r granola bars. I take Metamucil n probiotics but need to add more fiber 
    • Posted

I’m told to do a cocktail / Psyllium mucilloid(Metamucil)with Miller’s wheat bran. Daily for fiber. Low FodMat diet to start. What probiotics do you take? I only took while I was on antibiotics but need to take them daily, to many to choose from. Hope your feeling better soon. 🌺🌸

• Posted

Thanks I’m getting better now!  My husband is a dr and he just gets different kinds of Probiotics. My cousin has  many in his family with this and swears by Bran Buds. 1/3 c daily. It also has Psyllium 
  • Posted

A month later from my third flair ups, I am on soft diet. Ensure30 G protein, cream of wheat, baked fish, mush potatoes, lots of water, peppermint chamomile ginger tea every day, baked apples, 60% dark chocolate, chocolate pudding, 2 probiotics, baked sweet potatoes, boiled chicken carrots and selery but blended, banana and plain yougurt, kefir, white rice, egg pastwith cherry feta cheese or Parmesan cheese. I am afraid and I would not touch fresh veggies and fresh fruit. I have surgery, laparoscopic/ robotic in 4 weeks. I am scared.
    • Posted

Mind me asking why they decided to do surgery? I have been dealing with this Diverticulitis with abcess, developed major anxiety and panic attacks, had colonoscopy on Tuesday they removed 6 polyps and a scrape of colon for biopsy and say I now just have severe Diverticulosis in sigmoid (3 spots) . I have lost 40 lbs in 5 months due to fear of eating . You have been through a lot and I’d be scared out of my mind. But have faith thing will be better after this disease is removed. Prayers and hugs 🤗🙏🌺

• Posted

Surgery is due to big infection in 3 places: the same spot flair ups 3 times in 2 months, ct scan shows red appendix and small part of the small intestine need to be operated.
    • Posted

Bless your heart Hon I will b thinking of you I pray after you recuperate you will be a new woman with a better quality of life ?!!!!!!😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.