How long before symptoms return after having PAE ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

How long before symptoms return after having PAE ?

PSA starts Rising Do you need to return For Biopsies again ?

After my procedure my PSA went down to 2.1 now slowly climbing

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have had a PSA but it was to reduce the growth of my prostate and reduce its pressure on my bladder. It was not intended to alter my PSA readings which I would propose to monitor via MRI scans rather than hit and miss needle biopsies. What leads you in your direction?

• Posted

Normal PSA is a math calculation using volume / density measurements. Either Urologist dont know this or they want to ignore (that is refuse to that notice of or acknowledge, disregard intentionally). I think we will all say they do not usually measure either one so they don't really know what is a high PSA Score for any certain individual. But they sure like to recommend those blind biopsy's at an average of $1,100 each to your insurance. Last year they did over 1,400,000 biopsies. Multiply that by $1,100 and tell me how good a market that is for a 10 minute procedure?I never had a single SKU (product) that was over a billion and a half market in my industry. Imagine, that is only one "in office" procedure!

Get a 3 T MRI. It will tell a specialized Interventional Radiologist your volume, the density, and if you have any cancerous lesions that need a focused single needle biopsy. Now you will also knowledgeable about what is a normal PSA for you individual gland. A prostate that is the size of a baseball should have a lot higher PSA score than one the size of a walnut. But they somehow fail to mention this?

• Posted

I'm an anomaly. My prostate is 125 gr but by PSA is a little under 2

• Posted

My Uro wanted to a needle biopsy even AFTER a negative MRI. She said her practice "wouldn't let her do a TURP" without it. I said good cuz I don't want a TURP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.