How long before you started to feel better (PPI)?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, here's a link to my backstory: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/stomach-pain-for-months-need-help--527894

Basically I've been having stomach pain for the last 7 months, and after I went under H Pylori treatment (which I may not have even had) my symptoms got way worse. I restarted on Pantoprazole 10 days ago, and my doctor upped my doseage to 2 pills (40mg) a day about a week ago.

What I'm wondering is for those of you who had an ulcer treated by a PPI, about how long was it before you started to notice an improvement in your symptoms? I'm still having a lot of pain in the morning when I wake up, and also it tends to come and go throughout the day. Your help is much appreciated!!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello well I am sorry that you feel bad and I believe that only people who experienced this stomach pain knows how we feel . Let me tell you my story. I am a person who never had any stomach issues, i never smoked nor drink alcohol . I am 5'8 tall and 150 lb . Eating healthy and exercising . In last few months starting from beginning of new year I was under bad stress. And during virus I develop a bad cold where I got lung inflamation and my doctor put me on prednisone steroids. I have allergies on penicilin , aspirin and ibuprofen so The only medicine I can take is tylanol ( i use tylanol only for me period cramps). I got better with steroids but I developed some sort of mucas btw my nose and throath that never went away since I was sick . Stress never stopped , i got married and moved to other state and two weeks later I started having the worst stomach pain ever . That bad that it took me to ER.,they did all tests,,CT, ultrasound, blood and urin tests and everything was ok but i am having a pain. It was first under stomach and with hydrocodone they gave me the pain moved to upper abdomen. I stopped eating , I asked God to take me coz I could take pain anymore. I lost for 5 days 7 lbs. i was just crying and went back to see my doctor. She gave me omeprazole(82$) and IBGUARD pepermit pills (32$). It did help but pain was still there . I couldnt eat like before . No sugar, spicy, hot, milk, fried, acid food . Only what my stomach let me to eat was eggs whites, bread one slice, applesauce not apples, one banana, fat free sour cream, and that is all. It helps a lot GINGER TEA WITH HONEY!!! I drink that 3 times per day. Mint tea too. I did H pylori blood test and it came back positive 3.3 but my doctor told me to wait 2 weeks after taking omeprazole to do breath test for bacteria. I am so afraid , i am thinking that I may have carcinom or some other issue. I've read a lot on internet and found that people sufer because of this so long and a lot. By the wat O blood group is the one that has the most of stomach issues. My sister had 2 times bacteria, brother ulcer, my mom had all these things, two ulcers, hiteal harnea, bactearis and she suffered coz of this all her life. Get IBGUARD PILLS, they help, dont read much on internet coz it will make you feel worst. My friend had these issues and they gave her anxiety pills and all her troubles went away. I am waiting to do test on bacteria and if is positive will get antibiotics. You just relax and you are not the only one. My pain is upper abdomen, it hurts and under both rib cage, i feel sick, I never threw up and my stool is normal but I cant eat and pain is so bad . Do endoscopy if will make you feel better . Ginger tea, IBguard pills, im taking rantidine now Zantac , and I am so careful eith food . Let me know how you feel .

• Posted

It took me months to recover from h. pylori.  Even when the treatment is successful it still wrecks your stomach because I eradicated all the good bacteria as well as the bad and it takes a while for the levels of good bacteria to build up again.  I was adviced to take probiotics after treatment to help replace the good bacteria in my stomach.  Hope this helps!
    • Posted

Did you use a PPI after? And was your pain constant? Been on a PPI twice a day for 4 weeks with no relief. 2 months post treatment.
  • Posted

How are you feeling now? I have been suffering from a couple of ulcers for a few months now. I've been on all the PPI's with no relief. My GI doctor says 2 months once on PPI's and you should feel better. I am over it. My stomach hurts every few hours every day and the pain is so severe in the morning. I'm going back to see my family doctor because I don't care too much for my GI doctor. Right now I take 2% lidocaine viscous solution to numb the pain when it gets out of control. I am too afraid to take any sort of pain pills as it may upset my ulcers.

• Posted

Hi, May i ask if you experience any nausea with your stomach pain? i have stomach pain due to an ulcer and always have terrible nausea along with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.