How long between antibiotics?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All! I am wondering how long everyone lasts from last antibiotic before needing new one. I have bx, asthma and pseudamonas. I cannot take AZ. I have been using Levoquin but will probably need IV antibiotics before too long. Also, how long of a course of antibiotics does everybody take. Mine seems to be 3 weeks and occasionally 4. I feel so terrible on it that it's hard to know if I am getting any better til I stop taking it for a few days. Thank you for any info!😊

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Debra,

Sorry to hear that you can't take AZ as I have been on it for 1 year now,have BX for 4 years now and in past reviews from others here, some on for 6 years plus,I myself had seen a big change with it and my Doctors say that I can stay on it,so I plan too,of course you need to stay on Probiotics and eat alot of Yogurt to help control it,hope you find a solution.

Best,

Charlie

• Posted

I seem to be in a cycle of 8 to 14 days on, 2 to 4 weeks before I have to go back on something. It's been that way since October.

• Posted

Hi Debra, you do not say if you are useing a Flutter or an acopla devise to clear your crap out of your lungs each day, if I am bad i use my flutter up to four times a day. I have BX and Asthma, and on AZ, and they are helping so much, but I have to keep my lungs clear or i get infected. hope this helps. 

Hugs pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.