How long can I back to contact lenses?

Posted , 3 users are following.

How to know if Blepharirist is under control? How long to take control on it after start treatment and eyelid hygiene? How long can I back to contact lenses? I just want to use it on party.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you have not used any treatment on your eyes for a couple of months and they feel fine,then you  could try using them,but try them out before the party and see if you are OK. You dont want to be in agony at the party I'm sure.

Blepharitis can take a long time to cure and clear and you have to find a regime thats right for you. Dont wear any eye make up at all while you have Blepharitis or any make up with glitter or glow particles in or powder. Dont rub your eyes. If you have dandruff use an anti dandruff shampoo. This can lead to dry eyes so make sure your eyes are never feeling dry with a good ocular lubricant at all times during the day. Use eye lubricating eye ointment at night to soften any crusts on the eyelid.    It takes a lot of perseverance,I'm afraid and you have to keep at it.

• Posted

There's also different oils that will irritate your eyes. Coconut oil bothered mine. Experiment with different treatments to find what's best for you. Be gentle.
    • Posted

Thanks dear. I will feel less sad if m a man. But, now even my hubby still don look at me as before. I can see when we go out. That's really painful indeed. I used little make up in my cousin wedding few days ago. And used coconut oil as make up remover. M ok with it, I used V.Rohto eyedrop before and after make up. My condition still the same even without make up. But, I still not back to contact lenses yet cos I still worry.
    • Posted

M so so with coconut oil. But, can u pls kindly let me know how do u use coconut oil? And how it bother u?
  • Posted

it made my eyes itch and hurt. I use a little baby shampoo to take of my make up, on't use it other times, just wash with very warm tap water. I us eye drops,am using the wet ones applying with a q tip foe each eye. Try different things, but be very careful. Dena
    • Posted

I just use it abit and clean it around 10mins after applying. I saw it told to keep up to 20mins, but I feel not so fine to keep it more than 10mins. What kind and name of drop that u use?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.