How long can I use rectogesic for?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been using rectogesic for a year now, its the only ointment that helps with the swollen pressure feeling.

anyone know how long you can use the ointments for?

anyone else used them for a year?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if that's the only one that helps you can keep using it. there are other ointments like nitroglycerin, Nifedipine and Dilitazim .forgive my spelling. See what other options are offered.

• Posted

is rectogesic a steriod ointment though? it wont thin the skin?

i tried dialz gave me a rash

• Posted

is rectogesic a steriod ointment though? it wont thin the skin?

i tried dialz gave me a rash

• Posted

As far as I know it is not a steroid cream. To be honest the last thing on my mind was worrying about steroid creams. I just wanted relief. Over the counter ointment and creams really do not help chronic fissures. I tried everything. My results are better with surgery and using Nedfidpine ointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.