How long can the withdrawal symptoms last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello again, it's 19 days since I took my last cocodamol. I went through the first week feeling grim, I knew that but it was OK, I just told myself I'd got flu. The thing is, 19 days later and I'm still getting quite a lot of nausea and diarrhea. Is this still codeine withdrawal? Or have I got some other "thing" now? I didn't think it would go on this long, I was healthy before my slipped disc only o. The prescribed dose of 8 x 30/500s a day and only for 6 weeks but I still struggled getting off them. Anyone else had prolonged symptoms? Can cope with the runs but the nausea is debilitating x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca. Well done for reaching 19 days. 

I was taking up to 140gms daily for just over 10 years! 

The diarrhea lasted for a month. I took Imodium and that helped a lot x 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

Well done on getting so far. That’s awesome! 

I was taking up to 140mgs daily most days for many years. I haven’t had any now 5-6 weeks maybe even longer. 

I suffered from restless legs and diarrhea. The diarrhea last for a good month. I just kept taking Imodium which helped a lot. Good luck 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.