How long did you stay off work following ablation?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All

had ablation on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty good, just pretty tired and could sleep all the time!

Just wondering how long people stayed off work? How long did you leave it to drive?

Thanks

Cheryl

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chery,

Is it your first ablation? About getting back to work, I think it depends what type of work you do. I have my second ablation done on Wednesday. The nurses only asked my what type of work I do. I forgot to ask my doctor about when can I get back to work.

Since I do office work, I am planning to get back to work on Tuesday next week.

Take care

• Posted

wow that seems quick, Tapati. This is my first ablation. I am a community nurse, so i drive a lot and carry equipment into and out of people's homes. Although i nurse i have no experience in coronary/cardiac care!

• Posted

I had EP study last week though no ablation as they couldn't pin point it. I was told no driving for a week, no work for a week and no lifting.

• Posted

Hi Cheryl,

I had transeptal cryoablation and have an office job. I took 1 week off of work and about the same from any lifting or exercise. After first week went to work fine. Started gym and eased back into normal hour long weights and cardio over course of about a month. Cardiologist said I could do normal exercise after first week.

I hope you heal quickly and can get back to an awesome quality of life! 8-D

• Posted

I was told not to drive for 48 hours.

• Posted

How did it go Cheryl? How are you feeling now?

• Posted

thanks for all your messages

Fex- it went really well, better than i thought. I was worried about the procedure but needn't have been. Whole procedure done in 1.5 hours. worst part was at the end when i think i felt the electrodes being removed! I was awake throughout, was given fentanyl and medazolam iv at the beginning and did not need anything else. felt them start up my SVT but not much during the 'burning'. I was told it was very text book.

Now im feeling very tired, and any length of time standing up makes me feel exhausted, i guess its just my body recovering, only 3 days post ablation!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.