How long do arthritis episodes last ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was almost pain free for a year!

I ate right, exercised...

I stopped exercising about two months ago and ate what I was not supposed to for a few weeks: dairy (I drank a few glasses of milk... how I wish I didn't), grains (I baked breads, cakes...)...

It all started in my wrists and the middle finger on my right hand, now my hands  and feet hurt, knees, I feel my hips... 

The pain is manageable and I haven't lost the range of movement. 

I got back to my regimen that gave good results (yoga, walking + low carb diet + supplements: Curcuma, vit D, vit A, fish oil...).

I would really like not to take meds this time (cortisol made me put on weight and my facial hair problem worsened!). 

Is there a chance I'll get better on my own soon or do I have to see a doctor?

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi masha   i am no doc so but reading what you are saying i would get doc involved but i would not expect much more than another painkiller by what you are saying i am in same boat as you scared of doing something that may make it worse you dont know how bad you have been till you get a good patch cant believe i used to walk 6/10 mls a day with not see that again unless you believe in miracles but ita all the other little things you can not do that gets to you because pain/stiffness bye all
  • Posted

Thank you soooo much for your replies!

I'll see a doctor, but I don't have high hopes.

Last time when I had a pretty bad episode of AS they put me on cortisol. High doses, long time... my body is still recovering.

We'll spend a few days in the country I'll do my best to walk and do yoga smile

(and not eat what I'm not supposed to smile

• Posted

high masha enjoy your break DO WHAT YOUR BODY WILL ALLOW  i can see yoga and light exercise  working but anything more you could make things worse dont want to spoil break   have a good fry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have good time
  • Posted

Keep exercising, see a Doctor get some blood testes done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.