How long do withdrawals last from the fenty nail pill?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I just started taking the Fentynal pill, 80 mg, about 2 1/2 weeks ago I was taking minimum three a day maximum five a day I quit taking them 4 days ago altogether I didn't think I was on them that long that I needed to taper off but for three days now I have had this pain that shoots from my lower back all the way around into the front only on the left side of my body but it is so much pain that when I go to breathe in a double over in pain how long does this last four because to tell you the truth it feels like it's never going to go away

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Normally withdrawal pain is like flu with joint pains etc.. there are other wierd pains that

come along with withdrawal too though.

You seem to be describing pain in a specific area and whilst this indeed could indeed

be muscle pain due to cramping etc.. I'd say if it lasts much longer

perhaps go and see the doc to put your mind at rest.

• Posted

Okay I actually went to see my doctor yesterday and told him about the pain because I didn't realize that withdrawing from Fentynal gives you actual physical pain he told me if it's still there in a week to go back but then I joined this group and thought I would ask here . The pain is so bad that I can't work and like I said if I breathe too hard in a double over in pain so thank you for your advice and you are thinking that since it's a specific area and not all over that might be something else ??

• Posted

It's good that your still in contact with your doc as this way at least he/she is up to date with your treatments etc.

Fentanyl is not a nice drug... it can do all sorts to your body. Some folk.. like you, experience specific area pain, others like me, experienced multiple random pains.

It's not nice but just monitor the problem and if necessary as the doc says.. go back and see them if it persists.

I hope the problem will subside for you in the next couple of days or so.

• Posted

Thank you so much you are definitely right this junk is absolute poison I will never ever touch it go near it again nobody explain to me how bad the with draws are I can't imagine going through this ever again now I understand why people don't stop using it

• Posted

This isn't an easy question to answer for a number of reasons.

I only have experience of the time-release patches, not pills, but the minimum dose for a patch is 25 MICROgrams released per hour over three days. This would make a single 80mg pill about 320 times as strong - I don't think your dosage can possiby be that high, it would kill an elephant, particularly three times a day. Are you sure you have stated the correct dosage you were prescribed? I suspect you mean 80Mcg, not Mg - even then, the dosage you state is by no means a 'minimum' and is actually quite a high dose.

As for withdrawal symptoms - what you are experiencing doesn't sound like a typical withdrawal symptom at all, and may be something totally different. I think you should talk to your doctor about this new pain as soon as you can.

Everyone experiences withdrawals differently, but common experiences include insomnia, diarreah, upset stomach, a feeling of complete restlessness, twitchiness, ot wanting to be 'in your body', and of course a return of the original pain the drug was masking. What you are experiencing sounds as if it could be something totally new and different.

I am sure it is possible to get some sort of habituation during the ten days or so you have been using fentanyl, but it is a very short length of time to do so and in truth I think you are unlikely to feel much in the way of withdrawals after such a relatively short period of use. Other people may disagree with this, but my own experience with many opiates would suggest that it is unlikely that what you are feeling is down to the fentanyl - and I wouldn't for a minute 'defend' fentanyl, it can be an awful drug to stop using.

I wish you the best of luck - make sure you are stating the correct dosage, I'm sure you mean microgrammes, not milligrames. Go and see your doctor.

The final answer would be that the duration of withdrawal symptoms varies, but the shorter the length of addiction/use the less you are likely to feel and the quicker they are likely to be over. I doubt they would last more than a couple of weeks given how long you have been using, and probably not that long. Longer term use can result in very long withdrawals - months even - but usually with some combination of the symptoms I described above.

All the best

Tim

• Posted

Hello shouna7777,

Are you sure you are having withdrawal? It sounds like maybe you are having a pain reoccurrence. What were you originally taking the fentanyl for?

Opiate withdrawal usually includes flu-like symptoms, restless legs, insomnia, anxiety, depression, deep pain in the bones, and insomnia. Fentanyl is a super strong opiate so some people also experience weird nerve pain and sensitivity, almost like a burning feeling on their skin.

I would check with a doctor if the pain continues.

Good choice for discontinuing this dangerous drug! I am wishing you all the best. You have come this far, please see a doctor and try to figure this out without going back on the fentanyl. At least give it a little longer if you possibly can.

• Posted

This doesn't sound like typical withdrawal pain and I agree with the others that you should see your doctor. What you describe is very acute. I'm almost 90 days off the patch and still having restless legs and other issues. But it's more chronic when you withdrawal not acute like you describe...please see your doctor

• Posted

Hi everyone yes I am sorry about the dousage I put on my first comments that is wrong. Today I am feeling much better the pain in my abdomen and side is almost gone about 85% gone I do have an existing problem with my back so I'm thinking that that had something to do with it and I just want to say thank you to everyone who replied to me with all their information that you gave me I love this forum it definitely makes me feel like I'm not alone and that helps again thank you everyone

• Posted

You're definitely not alone in this, I think most people using Fentanyl experience some problems too - it's a question of how much of a balance one can achieve, and whether life is more bearable with it or without it - a devils bargain to be sure!  I'm certain I'm not alone in wishing you the very best of luck whichever path you take.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your comment, I have been on hydromorph and dauladid for 8 years for an accident I had and now my lower back is screwed the combination of those two has been working very well for the last few years but starting not to work now so we tried a little bit of Fentynal and I don't like it at all so I went back to my original pain medications anyone that does Fentynal I feel for them I don't think that stuff should be giving to anyone it is an evil evil drug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.