How long do you have to wait for pregnancy after removal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I will have my gallbladder removed around January and we wanted to try for baby n2 in May but no idea if I will be able to because of the scars? (It will be a keyhole surgery). Does anyone know how long u have to wait?

Nenisea

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think first you should see how you'll feel after GB surgery I had mine removed 11 months ago and for many months I couldn't feel myself. I did had a baby 2 months prior surgery but it has been the toughest time of my life. I think if you recover well and have no problems like many people have after surgery give yourself time to heal and then make baby n2! All the best x
  • Posted

:s i hope it will be ok sad
    • Posted

It will.  just allowed time to heal inside. You can speak with some doctor about it.  Take care x
  • Posted

Hi! In my opinion, after you are completely healed because after op you'll experiencing pain attacks. Let the scars heal specially the internals.

Regards,

Katherine

• Posted

How long does it take roughly? 

Things is that i have an appointment on 28 of october so not sure when is going to be the surgery but I am anyway super busy until end of december (because im teaching). So i think i will have it around january/february and we were thinking trying for a baby around may/june. 

• Posted

Hi! Like me, I got my gb removed 2 months ago and until now i'm still experiencing 'gb pain attacks'. other patients also experiencing it after years of surgery but it depends on how  soon you recover.

It looks like you're really having a hard time and at the same time i can see you're really busy.

Let's wait what your doctor will tell you. then keep us posted

Are you experiencing pains? How'd you feel?

Thank you!

Katherine

• Posted

Well i must say I was quite depressed when it started really badly in august (almost every night) and I went through a time of not eating anything (I lost 5kg since). But now I am sort of finding a balance which I know is not great because my diet is not good at all: I just avoid any fat, try to stay under 5g a day, but because I need to fill my emotional eating habits I eat a lot of candies :s. So basically im ok because i have my candies lol but I know it is not a great solution (Especially for my teeth). I had an attack two days ago because I ate a little bit more meat than I should and it reminded me clearly not to go beyond my limits :s. Also one thing that does not make things easy is that I seem to react badly to opium based drugs so can't really have anything that help the pain. I have diclofenac supositories but they work only in 1 hours or so :s.

How are your pain attacks? is it the same kind than one you had you gb? do you eat fat again or did you stay really good with your diet?

Anne

• Posted

That's terrible. But you're doing great with those 'candies'. wink But seriously that's really painful, it can paralyze you physically and emotionally.

You're doing great when you said you're readjusting your food diet. but continue to keep on the watch on your food intake. or avoid foods that causes your pain.

about my gb attacks.. it's really painful. yeah! just the same but unlike when i still have my gb.everyday almost everytime i move its painful. but now the attacks occurs on different time and weather. it shouldn't be too hot/humid or too cold. I'm vegan and that helps me to watch my food intake. i completely removed meats (except fish) and dairies. i use extra virgin olive oil occassionally. Soft foods are acceptable. (Boiled,steam,grilled are recommended cooking method)

avoid drinks containing caffeine – such as coffee and tea

avoid foods that make the problems worse – such as spicy and fatty foods.

gradually increase your intake of fibre – good sources of fibre include fresh fruit and vegetables, wholegrain rice, wholewheat pasta and bread, seeds, nuts and oats

Specially No Heavy Meals just Small amount of food intake.

Katherine

• Posted

Omg that sounds like worst? Do you actually feel better than before you had it removed?

I think the worst in all that is that I could have avoid this situation if the midewife has told me to be more careful when I was pregnant. If i knew this could happen I would have never took that much weight during the pregnancy (and then lost it that fast) sad

• Posted

Yeah! But feels better when it's removed though there are limits on food intake and  no strenous activities for 2 years for i was told to quit sports for couple of years just to make sure i regain my strength and recovered completely.

Well, i think you need to eat a lot due to pregnancy. maybe the rapid lost/ the way you did your diet.

Cheer up! You'll be fine smile

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.