how long do you have to wait from pip ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I phoned pip last week to see if they had got  my claim had got the person told me it was with the decision maker,how long will I wait till I hear about my claim ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It all depends how long the backlog is in your area. No one can really time a time frame. Some wait 2 weeks some wait longer. Hopefully it's not too much longer for you. Good luck.

• Posted

I forgot to ask did you have a face 2 face assessment? If you did then you can ring PIP DWP and ask for a copy of the report. If you haven't already done this. This will help if the decision doesn't go in your favour as it will be needed for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

• Posted

Hi,

?Thanks, I didn't have a face to face will phone them again this week .

• Posted

It's rare to have a paper based decision. Hopefully the decision will go in your favour. Also if you gave a mobile number they'll text you once they have all the evidence they need, if not a mobile number then they'll write to you. Once you have either of these then you'll know it won't be long. Good luck.

• Posted

It just depends on whether the decision maker requires any further information.if so this can hold things up. If you don't hear from them ring them again. As they hold everything on the system. So will be able to let you know where things are at

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I waited 4 weeks for mine to come back, hope yours is quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.