how long do your "attacks" last

Posted , 5 users are following.

a week ago I had a really bad attack , really bad diaoreah and then having to goto the loo several times for a couple of days , my stomach then felt bloated and tender , a week on it is only just starting to feel better , anyone else like this? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I guess I'm fairly lucky if I get a flair up and we are talking bad dihorrea it'll last a couple of hours then gradually get back to normal over the next day or so

• Posted

I had IBS D two weeks ago for three days.  Nurofen with codeine helped to slow it down a bit but didn't stop it.  I had to take Imodium for a day to stop it completely.  I had lack of appetite, on off nausea and stomach cramping for a week and my stomach was very tender.  I was also on Buscopan for several days to help with the pain.

I usually have IBS C, but I had a period of stress and bowel overflow after not going to the loo for a week.

• Posted

Hi pater:  The last really bad flare was earlier this year and lasted at least 3 weeks.  All the symptoms on and off daily -- d and then 3 days latter c & d until I thot I was losing my mind.  I could not be far away from a bathroom.  It's not uncommon for me to go these type flares because I have stress induced IBS-a.  Now that I'm taking the Imodium that I think pippa recommended (I had the wrong kind), the d seems to be under control and but sure yet about c.  I think we have all suffered thru what you are experiencing now.  Hope you get it under control soon.  Best....

• Posted

Yes had this a lot......Actually had an IBS attack for almost 12 months....yuk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.