How long does an increase in dose take to kick in

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've up my dose 3 weeks ago (20mg to 30mg )and still no improvement can it take longer than this ?

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am 6 weeks into a dose increase from 20mg to 30mg and am just started to see some of the more positive effects. I went through hell with the side effects for about a month after the increase (itchy skin, night sweats which I still have, and nightmares, which I still have, increase in anxiety, nausea), the side effects settled down, then it has been a period of waiting. I am getting some more afternoons that are ok, and even had 1 day where I didn't feel anxious. So, it will take longer than 3 weeks and I would say give yourself 6-8 weeks to see improvements. But keep at it and don't give up!

Hang in there!

• Posted

Similar to you I'm in wk 6. Had bad side effects for 2-3 wks. They settled down but have had a few blips of tiredness, anxiety, sleeping issues. Just got to work through them. Didn't have this when I was on 20mg but was on that for several years.
  • Posted

I just upped from 10mg to 20mg an back to 15mg as i couldnt handle the side effects (im such a wimp) didnt feel any benefit from the 2 weeks i managed probably didnt give it long enough to work! I was sick had no appiteite had the runs night sweats increased anxiety the lot. Id love to know the answers if anyone has them too
    • Posted

Hi have been on 20mg CIT for just over 2wks & yes I have been through all the symptoms you are experiencing . However I am starting to get a lot more good days some mornings aren't so good. But also not as bad as when I began the meds. Please persevere it will get better. We are all different so don't expect too much too soon try & concentrate on the good days. Keep busy & positive I know that easy to say but it be okay one day chin up & good luck. There are lots of people on the forum to support you we have all been there are some are still there you are not alone
  • Posted

Yip I had bad side effects for 2 wks then they went away but after a good week had another bad week. Had ups and downs. In wk 6 now had extreme tiredness cos had a lot going On and anxiety comes back. Just got to remember it takes time and outside influences can make it take longer.
    • Posted

Hi claire did the cit increase ur anxiety at first? What were the first signs of the med working?
    • Posted

Well I was already anxious hence the increase. I got nausea, loss appetite some increased anxiety. As these stares to dissipate I started to feel better more energy and not so much negative thoughts. But then I do so much as feel better I wear myself out and get over tiredness. This causes anxiety to come back but I have to remember the meds still work but they won't completely eliminate all anxiety if things are causing it. For us we sold house hubby quit job and starting new business and we moved into my folks house.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.