How long does gout in the toe last?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I don't have an official diagnosis because have not been able to have blood work yet. But my doctor said the injury to my toe certainly looks like gout. Only issue is that the toe is still sore after 11 days, although the swelling and discomfort are much less and I am no longer taking painkillers. Is 11 days an unusual amount of time for the toe to still be effected?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My first attack lasted 62 days. Until I forced my Dr. To put me on meds. Haven't had a issue since. I eat what I want drink what I want

• Posted

My cousin was the same … Two attacks in 25 years and seemingly no connection between the two … He also eats and drinks what he wants, often large amounts of beer! I wouldn't describe anyone with gout as "lucky" but you guys certainly seem the fortunate kind. Thanks for your comment 

• Posted

The joint gets bruised, so even after the actual attack is over it can take several weeks before it's back to normal.

• Posted

11 days is not very long to recover from gout pain. As mentioned, there is trauma to the area as well as inflammation. Inflammation, the body's natural defense mechanism, actually contributes to the problem. Fluid released into the affected area stimulates nerves and causes pain. It's like putting a compression garment on the toe/foot. Not good.

Anyhow, you could possibly still have a twinge after 3 weeks, depending on how badly the joint was affected.

• Posted

My first flare up lasted over a month with no sign of slowing down. After much frustration, I went to a podiatrist who gave me a steroid injection that let me get back on my feet in just a couple of days. It was absolutely worth the temporary pain of the injection. My case was unusual, but I wanted to share it!
  • Posted

I have been symptom-free since I started using celery seed extract 75 mg, twice a day, 85 % 3nB.  Research shows this specific product can cut the pain from gout down 70 per cent on average.
  • Posted

In my case, it would take around 1 month to recover. Please be patient my friend..

The most important thing, you have to be discipline with the diet, especially SUGAR (sucrose & fructose) ) diet.

Because sometime most people don't know that actually SUGAR can become URIC ACID in our metabolism.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.