How long does healing take?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had surgery for a perianal abscess, after surgery I had the packing changed every other day, it fell out after a day when I had a bath. So it closed on outside before the inside did. So I had to have an operation to reopen the wound. Now they pack it every day. At first 25cm of packing went in . Now it takes 5cm . I'm 4 weeks post op, does it usually take this long. Any comments would be appreciated as i'm worried it's too long?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You're REALLY lucky it's gone that quick. I had 120cm in mine and it took months. I had my 7th op in September to try close it. So thank your lucky stars!
  • Posted

Well you are really lucky if this is really going off, I had only 1 operation and then after reading from all above I made my mind it can never go out from you as I was hopeless, but now I have read one article from a doctor in my country that he had a new technology and new way to close out this big issue where I am planning to have a meeting with him after few weeks so I will post about it if something better arrived.
    • Posted

hi...

I had the same problem and got operated. 10 days back.. stitches were applied.. and doc covered it with flap of skin.. I have pain , so is it because it's fresh operation and with time it will be fine? or pain should not be there at all.. as when doc touched no pain.. but sometimes I feel as some pressure is there ,as there is small opening due to suction pump pipe.. he said it will heal in ten days and will be covered.

I read many doc keep it open and with dressing let new skin come.. but in my case during operation he checked and said we don't require to keep it open. so he applied stitches with flap covering and all...

so any thing which can be suggested or added?

thanks

Ruchika

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.