How long does hormone from patch stay in body if it falls off?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Finally plucked up the courage to start HRT, Fem 7 Conti.  I am in week 8 and my last patch just fell off in the bath!  My question is is there enough hormones in the body to last until I can see my GP, hopefully tomorrow?  Also does anyone know how long it is until the full effects are felt from patches?  Thank you all xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I once forgot to take my patches away with me and wore the same patch for 7 days instead of the prescribed 4 days. By the time I got home to apply a new patch I had started spotting. So I would try to see your doctor as soon as you can or ask the receptionist for an emergency prescription to get replacements.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Maisie

Thanks so much for your reply. I am trying to get an appointment so fingers crossed.  Had the full on period even when taking it every day so don't need anymore of that lol!

Take care xx

• Posted

It does take a couple of months for the hormone levels to stabilise before the spotting and bleeding stop. My night sweats stopped more or less straight away, anxiety and jitteriness after a month and skin and hair noticably better after 2 months. I have put about 8lb on though, but a small price to pay for the benefits.

Try putting a plaster over the patch while you have a bath to keep it in place?

• Posted

Hi daisylady

ive been on fem7 conti for 8 months. Have done great on it on only to find yesterday its no longer available! A manufacturing problem!,

Doctor has now prescribed Everol conti twice a week patch. I really don't want to change?..

• Posted

Hi Twiggz   

thanks for replying.  I am finding Fem 7 quite good but it is difficult to get hold of it.  I hope they don't stop making it, can't be chopping and changing now.  I am on week 9 and just getting settled.

Ask him if he can get Fem 7 for you, maybe he can contact the manufacturer?  Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

They rang every pharmacy and no one has them, they don't know when it will be restocked, if you know where I can get it please let me know. They've now prescribed Everol Conti. Twice a week patch. 🙁I start the next week. Was really settled on Fem seven too. 

• Posted

Hiya  It depends which country you are in and also what area?
    • Posted

There's an online pharmacy you could try. Google. They deliver if you have a valid prescription. May be worth looking.

• Posted

Thank you I'll look. They've dispensed the Everol Conti now, I'm just cautious at changing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.