how long does it take for cit to start working?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new here just looking for some reassurance, I started on cit 10mg for16 days and gp. Has increased to 20 not feeling to good at the moment, I am a full time care as I look after my brother, also my daughter is about to move out she has just bought her first home, I am really happy for her and proud, but I just feel I can't handle it at the moment, I'm suffering with anxiety and depression, just need someone to talk to, TA x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy

What your feeling is quite normal things will get better for you it's just that the side affects can start all over

Again they will all go away again but it usually takes 2 weeks we are all different where medication is

Concerned but good luck on your road to recovery. If you go on to the forum citalopram 10mg there is lots of help on there they helped me on my journey not quite there yet but so helpful to know that you have people in the same situation as yourself .

Maria x

• Posted

Thank u for reply Maria, I have read lots on the forums and other people's journeys, I just feel so lonely at moment, I'm also 2.5 years down the menopause, I'm trying to carry on with my normal things every day but it is a struggle, hope u are doing well Maria, I just want to be me again, x
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, you are in the same position as me, but I'm further along the road than you so hopefully can help you. I'm 4 years into the menopause and have had every symptom going, the anxiety and depression being the worst. I went on 10mg Citalopram for 20 days and had horrible side effects. I would have given up were it not for the forum on here 'anyone not had side effects on citalopram?' I recommend you look at it and the wonderful supportive people there. I went up to 20mg just over 6 weeks ago. Again I had a lot of side effects, dry retching in the mornings, nausea, anxiety, disturbed sleep, and initially a worsening of the depression. Then I started having a few good days, then a few really bad ones, which was very disheartening. Now, 6 weeks into 20mg, I am really starting to feel like me again. It takes time, and there is the odd blip day, but these tablets are giving me my life back. I really would urge you to give the 20mg two months, and even then if you still have problems go up to 30mg rather than give up. I still get the anxious knot in my stomach before a hot flush, and night sweats etc, but the menopause is much easier to cope with now my mood is lifting!
  • Posted

I can call u tracey and explain if u like to pass on ur cont number
  • Posted

They say a month so stick with them.
  • Posted

Hi everyone it's Tracey here, sorry I have not replied back I was having a problem logging in, hope everyone is ok , well as for myself still feeling anxious and low mood 21 days started on 10mg last 5 on20mg I'm also stressed out as my daughter moves out this coming weekend, I feel heartbroken and feel as tho I am grieving, sounds silly I know, please tell me it gets better, thank u all xx
  • Posted

Hi Tracy

I promise you things will get better I felt like you in the begining but you will get there your a strong person .

I know how you feel I felt exactly the same when my son moved out at 23 and then my daughter a couple of

Years later i felt my world was falling apart but you then get used to it, you will always miss her she's your

Daughter I know I still do with mine it's because you care that it hurts so much, but you will both be stronger

For it.

Maria x best wishes to you both

• Posted

Thank u Maria, I keep telling myself she's only moving 10 mins down the road! *it's jus the thought of her not being around the house she's 27 so I'm lucky to have her at home till that age, and I hate the night Times as I cannot sleep, I take my cit at 7:30 pm have been thinking about changeing it to the morning, thank u for listening Maria, hope u are doing well, xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.