How long does it take for lungs to repair after PE and pneumonia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

19 year old son diagnosed 2 weeks ago on Apixaban. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. This is a fairly vague question tbh. He'll be on the apixaban for 3 months or so. He should be feeling better really once the infection clears. He is very young for a PE though, that needs further investigation if not already done

aa

• Posted

Thanks for replying sorry if its vague just trying to get my head around things. He saw haematology on Monday and he seems pleased with  his x rays . He said,  has everyone else ,is that it's just time.Just not nice to see my once healthy active son  so tired from a short walk. He's had blood tests but said there may never be an answer has to why this happened. 

• Posted

They really didnt have an answer for me either becuase i dont have a blood clotting disorder. I came off apixaban in may 2017 after 6 months on it and have been on asprin and fish oil ever since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.