How long does it take for Rampirol to reduce BP?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi every one

I've just joined the group ,as now on Rampirol. Just had the dose increased from 1.25 to 2.5

I'm so tired I could cry , my elbows knees and fingers hurt and I'm Reading this is common !! I'm

Also on altorvastatin .

When did you see any continual change/ reduction in your BP?

And if my BP reduces will I come off the tablets ?

Thanking you for reading my post. 🙂

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ally, it works very quickly, I came of mine though, had excruciating pain in my legs while on them, it went away the minute I stopped them.
  • Posted

My BP went up whilst on Ramipril (went up to 180/85).

Hypertension nurse couldn't understand it and told me to stick with it.

?Exertive exercise became difficult and eventually after a lot of research reckoned I got Angioedema with swollen pharangeal area of throat and obstructed airway.

?(Indications that you should come off it even before seeing your doctor i.e. an A&E issue possibly involving a tracheostomy - it's in the patient info somewhere).

• Posted

Ramipril AND statins - I'm not surprised you feel so bad. Once you are on any drug your doctor will be reluctant to stop it 'just to be on the safe side'.

My doc increased my ramipril last year. My BP figures stayed the same but I did develop a hacking cough!

• Posted

Hi,

I think it actsfairly quickly and my eperience of taking it has been pretty good; my blood pressure is back down below 100 cystolic. Since I've taken it, I've been able to get back to getting more regular exercise and its helped me to reduce weight. I've just run out of the tablets and I think the effect decays more slowly than its initial effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.