How long does it take for the vagus nerve in the neck to heal from an injury?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had the flu and was coughing so hard that I am 99% sure I damaged the nerve somehow and every since then I have been having problems with pain in my abdomen that acts like the gallbladder is going out .

Symptoms at first were just pain in the neck on the left side and back spasms but it progressed to earache then my voice went deep and hoarse for a week but those most cleared up though my ears do ache now and then since it happened and it hurts a tiny bit to swallow but barely noticeable..

The only real active major symptoms though remaining other than the ear issue are heartburn and pain in the gallbladder area when I eat fatty foods and yellow stool.

No fever, no jaundice in the eyes or skin and the doctor found nothing wrong when he ran an ultrasound, Hida scan nor the CT scan of my abdomen so I am 99% sure its that dang nerve.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like you may have irritable bowel syndrome. This would explain abdomen pain and vagus nerve irritation. You should see a doctor as this can develop into fainting unconscious. I have irritated vagus nerve and fall unconscious without warning and have suffered head injuries. The sooner you get checked out the sooner you get treated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.