How long does it take remeron to relieve anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on 4 weeks still have anxiety.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Should be working soon. I find Remeron or Mirtazapine helps me more with sleep than anxiety. Hope you calm down soon. I find breathing in from your nose and out throgh your mouth helps with anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi:  What dose are you taking?  I've taken 15-30 mgs. for over 20 years and it never lowered my anxiety.  At 30 mgs. it helped with depression and at 15mg It helped with sleep   I'm trying to withdraw from it entirely now because I think after such a long time, it has stopped being effective.   I take 1/2 mg of alprazolam to help the anxiety.  Starting and stopping this med is not easy but you should start feeling it's positive effects soon (usually takes at least 3 weeks to fully get into your system). Hope it works for you.

• Posted

Hi Sue.Started on Mirt/Rem  6 months ago at 15mg pm going up to 30mg(15 am,15 pm) about 4+ months ago.Helps at night,but during the day only for a short period( 2,3 hours) until it starts to wear off and the day gets more anxious,so to speak.It may be different with you however as everyone is different.It may take a couple + weeks to help.Hope it does! God Bless You,Bob
  • Posted

Normally at 4 weeks you should start noticing some improvements

• Posted

Hi I've been on these for 6 weeks now and my anxiety has really reduced . It's still there but no where near as bad as before. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.