How long does it take to disolve the pins on the foot?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I am 7 weeks post op and have a lot of pain in my foot.  I cannot walk more than 5 min withouth having an terrible pain and I cannot get rid of the inflamation on my foot.  In addition to this, my foot is kind purple.  In the appoinment that I had with my dr. he took some x rays and said that everything was fine and I was ready to go to work (my job requies to walk all day long and he knows that).  He showed me the x rays of my foot he took in his office and pointed the good positions of the pins.

The next day I saw my primary and ordered X rays in a lab out of her office.  The results showed that there are not pins! My doctor and I were surprised no to see any pins on the x rays that were taken the next day.  She sent me to see another podiatrist and request to pass all the medical records from the surgeon who did my surgery to find out what he did. 

In the mean time, I would like to ask you people from this forum if you know how long does it take to dissolve the pins.  I am in week 7 1/2 now.  Thank you

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with Vic. My surgeon said that the swelling makes it appear there's a bump and the toe is angled but on XRays, my foot looks perfect. Do all you can do to cut down the inflammation. I follow an anti-inflammatory diet, I elevate still more often than not, ice reguarly especially after doing toe and ankle stretches, use internal and cream form or Arnica Montana, and take some Advil daily. All of this has really helped me! Even when I have my foot down for an hour or two, my foot swells way back up at 29 days post-op.
    • Posted

Thank you Kaliana for sharing this important tips.  What kind of food makes the anti-inflamatory diet?.  I am taking ginger, arnica cream and tes, tumeric, and  fish oil. 

I will take the advil this evening.  My best wishes for a fast recuperation.

• Posted

Marisol am thinking of you. I hope the doctors can sort you out and stop your pain. I thought my toe would be straight after the surgery but it still curves round to my next toe. The bunion has gone so my foot does look better. But I did expect my toe to be straight.

Sending you lots of hugs for a speedy recovery.xxx

• Posted

Carole, thank you so much for your kind words.  In this kind of situations it is difficult to think positive but I will try for my own benefit.  I hope your foot gets well soon too.  I will send you a good vibrations.

xxxooo

• Posted

So sorry to hear about everything you're going through with your surgery! you have my thoughts and prayers i hope you start to see big improvements and the pain subsides. keeps us posted and hang in there! good job getting a second opinion as well it is so important to trust your dr and be in good hands
    • Posted

Thank you memo.  I started the physical therapy and the lady after seeing the condition of my foot after 10 weeks, she gave me the name of a couple podiatrist that re do the surgery of 2 parients who also had a bad surgery done.

I will continue with the physical therapy to help me with the pain in the mean time the first dr has the cortesy to sign the papers to realese the documents to the office of the second dr.

It is very frustatig and painful to be in this situation.  I am in more pain now that  when I have the bunion.  Please keep me in your prayers guys.  I really appreciate it.

xxxooo

• Posted

Such an unfortunate situation to be insad Hopefully your recovery will be a breeze once the surgery is done right. My Dr was recommended through family which I am very thankful for as it is so hard to know who is a good choice or not until the damage has been done. Keep us all updated and I will continue to pray for your recovery. You've humbled me as I'm on Day 21 post op and can't stop the complaining. I feel silly now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.