HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FEEL IMPROVEMENT WHEN INCREASING FROM 30 M TO 45 MG of MIRZATAPINE

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am thinking of increasing Mirzatapine from 30 mg to 45 mg. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes to take effect?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well I'm still here Pat, trying to be better. I felt quite good the first few days after taking 45mg dose, but I still seem to be having my bad days..I know everyone is supposed to have bad days, but I don't just mean ''ohh it was a rubbish day'' I mean days where my mind is totally warped around ''omg omg..I don't feel very good'...I'm giving myself another month on mirtazapine..and if not improvement..it's not for me xx
    • Posted

Hi Rachael I was really sorry to hear if your experience with Mirt.  I decided that I would start the 45 mg tonight as I am fed up feeling one day good then several awful days.  Now I wonder if I am wasting my time trying the 45 mg.  When I was on Venlafaxine once it kicked in that was that not good days and then bad.  However,I feel I sdhould give the 45 mg a try.  My GP said she has hundreds of patients on it and she feels that we should take the top dose.  Keep me informed how you get on.
    • Posted

Hey Patricia,

I haven't had a too bad day today, felt quite normal. You see i'm an anxiety sufferer rather than a depression sufferer so my experience may differ to yours anyway. I have felt less anxious today, and quite normal. I'm starting to try to just accept that it is a gradual thing in recovery...I guess I'm going to have to deal with these cycles until the cycles become less and less. I just need distraction in my life...I'm pretty certain I'd feel pretty much the same on any other medication too..I just need to make lifestyle and life changes to help me through the last of it.

• Posted

Hi Rachael.  I don't get anxiety mine is depression.  I have just taken my first 45 mg dose as I had such an awful day today.  I decided 8 weeks was long enough to give the 30 mg.  I just hope that this does the trick.  I'll keep you posted!

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.