How long does it take to get an assessment once you have sent your esa50 form back?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently sent my form off and two weeks later I still haven't heard anything

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It can take anything from weeks to several months Nicola as it depends on the area you live in and what backlog they have.
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm afraid you could be in for quite a wait for ESA assessment, 2 weeks is nothing. Lots of people are waiting months and months. Don't worry though because if you're put into the Support Group then any money owed will be back dated to week 14 of your claim. If your claim started before 3rd April this year then you'll be back dated money for the WRAG but if it started after that date then new rules apply and no money will be back dated for the WRAG.

• Posted

Ok thank you this will be my 3rd year on esa and my 2nd assessment so will the new rules still apply for my claim
  • Posted

Hello Nicola,

i sent my son's form in at the end of June last year.

after making several phone calls to the health assessors, my son is still awaiting an assessment!

so it could be over 12 months you have to wait, I think it depends on where you live and how many people are waiting.

good luck hope you don't have to wait as long as my son, they say it should be about 13 weeks after you applied for esa to get your assessment!

• Posted

With ESA it's hardly every as soon as 13 although that's how long the assessment phase is. When i first applied i waiting over 1 year for my assessment. That was over 3 years ago and not a lot has change with waiting times for ESA since then. Hopefully he's not waiting much longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.