How long does it take to get blood and biopsy results back for Coeliac Disease?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had blood test done to check for Coeliac Disease around 4 weeks ago, however my gp surgery does not have the results back yet. Got my endoscopy and biopsy taken a couple of weeks ago. Anxiously awaiting result and getting impatient. Thought it took about 3 weeks to get results, confused?..

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It depends some results can take a few weeks, though it should have came through by now. Have had tests taken for blood screens and had the result the next day through GP.

My biopsy result was given to me straight away, this was due to information that I was able to give, at the time of the biospy. Hopefully you recieve your result soon.

• Posted

Wow that was really great. What peace of mind to get your results so soon. Thank you for your help, hopefully my results will be through very soon x
  • Posted

I had mine done 10 days ago and was told it would take 3 weeks approx - will see how it goes.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer, 

I was told the same... Still waiting though. I guess it differs from lab to lab.

hope u get ur results soon x

• Posted

Hi marybeth72 - have to say I'm nowhere near as tired as I was but then that was down to low folates and vitamnin D. I was advised whilst at the hospital to start a gluten free diet, this is before the official verdict! rolleyes I am struggling to stay away from all the usual impulse buys, foodwise, too.

I don't like it but if I get my energy levels back to normal then I suppose it's worth it.

Hope you get an answer soon. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.