How Long does it take to heal Mild Gastritis

Posted , 20 users are following.

Im a 34 yr old male. I woke up one night shaking like i was freezing cold, then i went under a blanket then it all passed after about 30 min. The same morning i started to have sharp pain in my upper abdomen and felt like its on fire. So i started taking omeprazole 20mg 1 a day. After about 2 weeks i felt better, but i noticed i started to get anxiety depression severe stage id say along with a headache. So i stopped taking it and it made me feel wayyy better. So i went to GI and he said lets check for h pylori, so we did urea breath test and it was negative. Best test to have by the way. So after 1 week negative results. So we schedule the endoscopy, and that same night before the test i had anxiety attack at night and went to er and they said i got anxiety and didnt gave me anything and sent me home. The anxiety made me shake shiver for 45 min non stop and i could not even talk was shaking badly. I did take omeprazole again for 4 days before ER. So thats when i found out omeprazole gave me horrible side effects. So no no no more omeprazole. Stay away! So after endoscopy doc took a few tissues to check for bacteria cancer h pylori...etc. After a week he told me i had mild gastritis nothing else. So the question i have how long till it goes away? I have to eat every 3 hrs otherwise i start to feel horrible and shaky and very nervous. But i feel lump in my throat and belching after i eat. I also tried zantac and it is making me dizzy very dizzy very foggy in my brain. Also with all these symptoms especially on omeprazole i felt like i was about to faint very very bad nausea. About to faint is a very bad feeling to have. So if anyone had same symptoms please share.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had a lot of similar symptoms. Last September I got really sick experiencing a lot of nausea, bloating, severe heartburn, lots of belching and doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. They put me on so many different medications, worst time of my life. The most frustrating was not having an exact answer as to what was causing all this. I changed my diet and made lots of changes, eventually getting better. I was well all of November and December and just last weekend started with the symptoms again. Went to see a dr and they want to schedule an endoscopy now. But maybe I might have gastritis? She put me on omeprazole as well

• Posted

Seems like doctors now a days dont know anything! I'm in the same boat as you are. What I honestly think the main problem is all these foods we have now a days are infused to so much garbage and so much genetically modified stuff. Try go organic and vegies.

• Posted

I so agree hear, im now on the omwprazole, really didnt want to take but dr said take for one month to see if they help. thing is ive never ever had the acid reflux, just a really sore and painful sensation in the eosogaphas area and under my right rib mainly and i keep sweeling up as well.  If the symptoms dont go away then its the camera down the throat which i dont wnat at all so im persevering with this omeprazole. Things are slightly improved but it may be the slippery elm im taking though as this is know to sooth the insides of the digestive area.  Got  a scan on the 25th Jan to see whats going on..I well know sugar is a culprit as is sugar and chocolate  which i love, the chocolate that is, trying so hard to cut these all out as well. Also take one probiotic a day. Ive read cabbage and cabbage water is excellent for a sore tummy as well.
    • Posted

meant to say omeprazole and swelling up lol

• Posted

Big No No No on chocolate, that makes Hell break loose for me. STAY AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!
    • Posted

Hi There, 

I came across your thread and wondered how you are now? how long it took for your mild gastritis to go away?. I have just been diagnosed with the same thing, non-h.pylori gatritis. I have had pain in the upper middle abdomen for a month now. It would be great to hear from you. Thank you, 

Cameron

• Posted

Hi

Do what I did.... i changed my diet completely to gluten free, dairy free, lactofree, caffeine free and sugar free also no spicey or fried foods no citrus fruits no fizzy drink or alcohol but plenty of water. Fish chicken lamb fruit and veg wholemeal rice and pasta. plain yogurt with berries n grapes.....probiotic tabs to put good bacteria in the gut....and multivits...you can buy all these free from foods at a well known supermarket if in UK.....it is a bit expensive but what price your health!...i have no more adverse digestive symptoms......it didnt happen overnight....it took about 2-4 weeks but was worth the wait and all the changes i made....sometimes we have to put the effort in ourselves.....docs and med professionals cannot eat for us....best wishes...

• Posted

THANK YOU for the reply, what multivitamins do u take or recomend? I tried puttin probiotic in but i felt like its making sympyoms worse.
    • Posted

Hi Reflogmx

Im gng to send you a private message because naming products on here may be moderated.....

• Posted

Hi There, 

I came across your thread and wondered how you are now? how long it took for your mild gastritis to go away completely?. I have just been diagnosed with the same thing, non-h.pylori gatritis. I have had pain in the upper middle abdomen for a month now. It would be great to hear from you. Thank you, 

​Cameron

• Posted

Hi I suffer from gastritis for over two years with all your symptoms: nausea, stomach pain, dixzziness, fatigue,etc. I've had my gallbladder taken out short after I had my daughter almost three years ago, and that's when all started. I had burning in stomach with all the above symptoms, and doctors kept giving me lots of different PPIs for the acid but none worked! After a year of strong chest pain and burning plus nausea and tiredness, and start having a weird pain in the stomach. I had a endoscopy at the time and doctor told me I had erythema( inflammation in stomach) and I was also h pylori positive. Another year has passed, I still have gastritis. 

I think it's very important you find out what's causing your inflammation in the stomach, do more tests to rule out other parts of your body and get a proper treatment for that. I had an  MRI and scans and they were normal but at least I found out that my liver, pancreas, gut were ok. Endoscopie is very invasive but can see ulcers and inflammation. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Leni75

Were you treated for the H.Pylori...you do not say whether you did or not....

• Posted

I do feel better its been 25 days since endoscopy. I still get flare ups and they are horrible. I eat steamed carrots brocoli stemed fish or turkey. Chicken makes it worse, also oatmeal causes pain. If i eat like this every 4 hrs i feel great almost to the point where i dont have it anymore. Then if i eat something off then its back to square one. I have to watch what i eat. Also 2 times or so a week i take 150mg of ranitidine <zantac> at night so i can sleep. If i dont eat for 5-6 hours i feel like i will faint, nausea...etc u name it. So its important to eat often. And no no to sugars salt or any other seasonings, they make everything worse and flare up. But i feel about 50% better for being a few months in this induced Hell. Eating right bland diet. I lost 30+ pounds allready and keep going at a slow rate now, about 1-2lb per week. At least one good effect from this horrible dissease. Thanx to all for support.

• Posted

Hi Lilian yes! I finally got a negative result. After 4 course treatments with ABs. I still have bad gastritis of course. The doctor wants me to take a ppi for 3 months to treat it but I would like to find out of natural ways to heal my stomach. I already drink chamomile and red bush tea decaf but it's so bad the pain sometimes. I watch my diet too.

• Posted

Hi Leni75

A friend of mine took mastic gum tablet form and said her gastritis is much better...she bought it from a popular site on the internet.....

• Posted

I noticed any tea made things worse, i tried chamimomile and pepermint
    • Posted

I've bought Mastic gum pills in desperation to try kill h pylori, after some people in here mentioned and I didn't feel any diference in pain.

i've read that vitamin E and something called L- glutamine can help to heal your stomach mucosa. I asked one doctor and one pharmacist about it and they dismissed it and said take a PPI. I might tried one of this just to see. 

• Posted

Yes I felt similar symptoms and it's not nice. Chamomile tea is relaxing so I have only before bed. Have you tried ginger tea? I didn't like peppermint too made me worse too. I'be heard slippery elm and licorice dgl is good too for digestive troubles. Worth to try

• Posted

Hi Leni75

Mastic gum dies not cure HPylori but does help with gastritis....

• Posted

Hi Leni, having intense abdominal pain or cramps with bloating for about an hour or two and then the vomiting. Looks like it could be gastritis gatnot sure. There are other
    • Posted

Seem to fall under other categories for stomach issues. Trying cayenne peppers and teas to see if I get results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.