how long does it take to heal pancreas completely after diagnosed with acute pancreatitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Recently I've been diagnosed with alcoholic acute pancreatitis.how long does it take to heal pancreas completely.

How long I've to follow low fat diet? Can I eat again high fat food in my life? Can I take drinks again in my life?

I've really no idea. Currently I'm following very low fat diet.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This feb 2015 I have been nursing 37 years. And in that time I've met so many folk suffering with a wide variety of horrid illnesses. I believe no one deserves illness.it happens.That includes mental health illness as well as physical,emotional,spiritual and addiction illnesses.

Personally I have a strong faith that comforts and supports me,and gives me a good kick up the bum when I so often need it.

So I hope you can reduce or stop the drinking and bad lifestyle choices you made in the past and find comfort and support to manage your life and illness today.its never to late to change and a lot of good support out there such as samarathons,churches,self help groups,etc etc.I hope this helps.keep in touch.

• Posted

Thanks very much cathy. I appreciate your valuable advise.

I already promised my wife that I quit alcohol completely in this life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.