How long does mirtazapine withdrawal symptoms last?

Posted , 3 users are following.

its been about two weeks since i stopped the drug and i still get the symptoms

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How long were you on mirtazapine and what dosage ?did you taper ,I'm currently tapering off 7.5mg and now down to roughly 1mg after 7 weeks with hardly any withdrawl everyone on this forum will tell you to go very slowly with your dosage reduction which is sound advice ,going to take a few more weeks tapering before stopping altogether ,good luck with your journey off this med

• Posted

hi

i was on 7.5 to 15 mg for about a year for sleep, i stopped it competely about 3 months ago and switched to trazodone 7.5 mg as it didnt work as well as before, I stopped trazodone too one month ago due to side effect and have been experiencing the worst insomnia in my life since, I took 1.5 mg on a few night the past month just to sleep, but the last two weeks i havent took any

• Posted

Hi

Like I said you need to do a very slow taper ,I think you should get back to your docs and seek his or her advice about coming off this med sleep can be a bit of a problem stopping mirtazapine we just have to work through it ,lots people on here for good advice all the best

• Posted

hi

thanks Andrew, I am only able to take around 0.1 to 0.2 mg of mirtazapine without side effects, anything larger will give me side effects like i first took the drug a year ago, and i really dont want to deal with that any more. if i want to wait out the withdrwal symptoms, how long do i have to wait?

• Posted

hi

I can't give you a definite answer to this as I have not totally stopped the med yet I'm still tapering ,from what I have read on this site it's usually about a month or so but everyone can be different ,this is the only ante dep I'm on don't want to switch to another, on the waiting list for c b t hoping this will benefit me

• Posted

hi, if u r you desperate for sleep vhy not stick to that low dose??? what's the harm? it's quality if life which includes good sleep that counts. I came off mirt 15mg after 7 months. I still don't sleep

a year on. I take a quarter of mirt, that's 3.75 mg twice a week to get some quality sleep. Ive no problems with that. i hate taking the tablet but life's too short and i want a good life so taking that small dose helps.

• Posted

so the insomnia from mirtazapine withdrawal lasted a year and still no recovery? or sleep its always been a problem for you before you take the drug?

• Posted

im afraid sleep has been my main problem since coming off this. I took it due to loosing both parents within months of each other. could not eat or sleep. Mitrazapine fixed all that. Now my sleep pattern is up and down. I have to take something to drift off. Whether its 3.75 mg of mirt, also use melatonin and antihistamines. The odd night i can manage without and get 3 hours or so solid sleep. I accept this now and go with it. You can't die from lack of sleep. Things are improving slowly do hopefully i will get there. I read now before bed and that helps, also breathing exercises help too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.