How long does Moviprep last after colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

so i had my Colonoscopy today and im a bit fed up of the dreaded after effects of the moviprep. Does anyone know when the pooping will stop?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Had my colonoscopy last March with Moviprep....took about a couple of days to get back to normal....that Moviprep is ghastly ...insn`t it?...!!!

• Posted

thank you for your reply!

I cannot express how much i want my bowel to go back to normal because moviprep was the worst and id like to forget about it haha

• Posted

The thing about moviprep is that you have to drink 4 litres of the ghastly stuff!!!. In all my previous colonoscopies i was given PICOLAX. You just disolve this in a small cup of water..then drink 2 to 4 litres of clear fresh water so its nowhere near as bad as moviprep. The picolax worked just as well if not better to cleanse my bowel and im going to insist on it for my next colonoscopy..OR buy it myself from the chemist!!!..regards!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.