How long does Peoples flare ups last for c3/4/5/6?

Posted , 3 users are following.

On average? I've had 2 weeks upwards but wondered if people have it for a few days sometimes? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi my latest flare up has so far lasted 10 weeks! but I have been working for the last 5 weeks so can't let my body recover properly. I'm going out of my mind with the pain at work-taking painkillers,heatpatches and voltarol but so far nothing's working. Sorry about that rant over back to your original question- personally I've never had one that lasts only a few days it is normally weeks, not sure on everyone though because we are all different. Take care x
  • Posted

Hi. Sorry to hear that. And rant away! I think this was just a case of sleeping funny and not a flare up. Or it's a slow build which goes happen sometimes. Do you take Gabapentin? I find that with pregablin and strong codeine the best combo   
  • Posted

Hi, gabapentin and pregablin didn't agree with me. I take nortriptyline and naproxen twice a day with cocodamol etc in between, just waiting for injections to see if they will help. Glad yours isn't a flare up. Take care
  • Posted

I think it varies depending on whether there is continued aggravation or not.  I've had flare ups, in the past, which lasted over a month.  Others, just a few days.  I've found that altering sleeping arrangements can dramatically change the continuous cycle of symptoms which seem to become 'embedded' when always falling back on the same sleepng regime. Sometimes, the assummed comfort of a bed can be half the problem with continued symptoms.  Try sleeping on a sofa, with good head support,  and see what happens !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.