How long does the damage from HSP last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was first diagnosed with HSP 3 years ago aged 21. I had the rash all over my legs, ankles and joints. I had swollen sore knees and ankles and had protein and blood in my urine. 

I am under the renal doctors who monitor my kidneys once a year and under an ENT doctor because the HSP made the blood vessels in my nose very weak and I’ve needed a two units blood transfusion a year due to bleeds. 

Will my blood vessels ever be strong again? I have a number of problems with my nose - adenoids, allergies, structual collapse but doctors are hesitate to do surgery because of my risk of bleeding. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this if u don’t mind me asking,my daughter of 13 has had the rash now for 3 months how long does it take to go,she’s getting really stressed now x
    • Posted

Err I kept getting new rash for about 10 days, then it took about 2 weeks to fade completely 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.