How long does the pain last after total vaginal hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks out from total vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair (bowel and bladder prolapse due to fibroid). I have constant pain in my left labium and the area between the vaginal opening and rectum. Also, when I walk more than a short distance, the pain radiates down into my left thigh, middle of my abdomen, and my lower back aches. Does any one else have these issues?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!

I think anything that causes pain 4 weeks out should get checked out! I have not had the same type of hysterectomy as you - but I have had pain issues - both times I saw my GP - both times I ended up on antibiotics! Get checked and make sure it's not infection causing swelling/ irritation. Your doctor will not want you avoiding walking around - as this helps healing and reduces the risk of DVT.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

• Posted

Hi Glennie

How long after surgery til you started walking around and being active even a little... did you have mesh??

• Posted

I don't know where to ask this: but is there a way to edit my post? I see a big typo in my heading but I see no way to fix it now. I feel like I'd get more replies if my post was titled properly. :p

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I was up and walking the day after my op. When I got home I made sure I carried on having a walk each day - a bit further every day. I had no mesh in this operation - at least not to my knowledge! We all heal at different rates. As per your post - don't think you can edit it now - just do a new post and see if you get any more replies!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.