How long does the vibrations last for

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 38 years old, and in the last 10 days I have started periMenopause, At first I thought I was going crazy I thought the world was shaking around me, then I started experiencing the vibrations stronger and I could literally hear them too, also wake up in the middle of the night lying there feeling the vibrations for about an hour and then I fall asleep, I’ve also struggled eatting and I’ve had to change my eating habits. Does anyone know how long these vibrations last for I haven’t been to the doctor yet due to the current situation regarding the virus

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

The vibrations, heart palpitations, and massive anxiety were my very first symptoms of perimenopause. I was so stressed out I couldn't eat... I would chew food but literally could not swallow it because I felt like I was going to throw up. I believe during the worst part of this they may have lasted about a month or two. Still get the palpitations and anxiety (to a smaller degree) but no longer have the vibrations.

• Posted

okay:.... thank you for responding, if i know rough how long they will last for i can solider through xxx

• Posted

My internal shaking & heart palpitations are still happening since 4 years ago when I started perimenopause. This is very individual Some people get it short term while some like me have it a longer period. i hope mine will end soon and you have better luck than me.

• Posted

This has been me for almost 2.5 years. I also have racing thoughts trying to constantly figure out what's wrong in my life. I'm 42. Since 39 it's been pretty tough.

• Posted

omg I have theses too I think am losing the plot it really worries me. I have calf muscle twitching too it's driving me mad shooting pain up my bum sorry for that. my arms feel weak I want to rip them off and going mad. I've not had period for 10 mths I can't cope with the calf muscle twitching

• Posted

Yes! I get terrible cramps in my legs at night and get randomly itchy too!

• Edited

My internal shaking & heart palpitations are still happening since 4 years ago when I started perimenopause. This is very individual Some people get it short term while some like me have it a longer period. i hope mine will end soon and you have better luck than me.

• Posted

is it your hands that shaking or your hold body xx what can you do to control the shaking x

• Posted

I can't exactly explain to you. It's a very strange sensation which i had never felt before in my life. The shaking or tremor is felt internally like my heart is racing & body is stitting on my nerves. Outwardly you can't see the physical shaking so no one can actually see that i am suffering.

• Posted

im so sorry to hear this.... have you had a neruology nerve condunction test, this help to see if you have any damage nerves that can be cause this xxx

• Posted

i was actually scheduled for an appointment with a neurologist but got it postponed due to the current Covid-19 situation. However, i really doubt there is anything wrong with me other than it's caused by hormonal changes. The tremor is not here always, it comes & go & it happens only when i am under stress or feeling anxious. In any case, i will still get it checked just to have a peace of mind. Thanks!

• Posted

i have has that.... It feels like you're vibrating from the inside

• Posted

it is the same with me, these tremors when they happen is very scary. I feel as if I can see if I hold my hands out but it is not visible outside.

• Posted

Four years into peri and I am still getting them too... they are not a severe but still happen (Especially when I go to the doctor lol)

• Posted

what medication does everyone take for the vibrations to help stop them or to reduce them x

• Posted

Unfortunately I haven't found a remedy. Hope someone on this forum has this condition & a remedy to share.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.