How long does Tibolone 2.5mg take to stop hot flushes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking Tibolone 2.5mg for 11 days and was wondering how long before hot flushes would stop.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can take up to 3 months to get into your system I found relief after 2 months but everyone is different I usedon't to take it in a morning but the night sweat was quite bad so started taking it at 9pm also I take citralpram along side it's better than it was but not stopped altogether x

• Posted

I have taken Tibilone for 2 1/2 months and also take 3pumps of oestrogel also. I was told by my consultant it takes 3months to to feel settled on it. I have been up and down with symptoms mainly the first six weeks were I felt different each day. Good then not so good. I suppose it can depend if you had surgical or normal hysterectomy or neither as Tibilone is used for all three.I had surgical and Tibilone alone isn't enough so that's why Consultant said it was ok to use oestrogel.. I do remember when I started on tibilone I was flushing a little but already had oestrogel in my system so they were tolerable.Either give it a bit longer or go back . I was told by consultant there is no higher dose than 2.5mg.Hope you get sorted.

• Posted

My hot flushes and night sweats ceased approx. 1 month after taking them, but everybody is different.  Best thing that ever happened smile
  • Posted

Hi  Shaggs, hang in there ! in the first month what mainly happened was that the symptoms decreased in frequency and intensity and sleep improved. Now into my second month and improvement continues. In fact I am hardly having any symptoms.

once it works stick with it, 

i tried the get off Livial about 8 weeks ago and it was an ABSOLUTE fail the symptoms seem to return with such vengeance! It's almost like the Gods were angry with me for being so fickle as it was cost of Livial that drove me to this decision despite being symptom free for 10 years !, Great bone density and very active at 64! 

Thank goodness my doctor is supportive and also agrees that I can stay on it for as long as as he believes the jury is out on the research! 

Hang in there! Look forward to hearing that it works for you jenny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.