How long does your first outbreak of herpes last?

Posted , 168 users are following.

I just got told i have herpes yesterday i have had symptoms since monday eve and even ended up in hospital been told i have a really bad urine infection. I feel so disgusting that i have this and just dont know what to think at the moment, i feel so stupid that i caught this. The worst thing is i am in so much pain and have been for about 5 days i have anti bs from the doctor i only got yesterday and i am no better at the mo it stings so much everything is so uncomfy i have tried salt baths..a gel that the doc gave that numbs down there when you wee and nothing is helping please tell me this doesnt last long.

9 likes, 226 replies

226 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm feeling exactly the same , i even started symptoms on Monday and I know exactly how you're feeling , I'm so stressed I'm worried about the future , but I've read a lot and I'm starting to feel I little better , perhaps we can look at this in a different way , I feel frustrated too and I get you , I wish you could talk if you agree , it could help a little , I'm still sick to , I'm just confused and kinda sad as I'm sure you are too , maybe it would be great to have someone we can talk about it for a while rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi susanna and to the rest of girls, I'm so glad I have found this, I also have gh I have it around my bum hole, I'm so embarrassed as om married with children and 37, thing is I havnt had sex in few months due to my partner Bein ill, iv also been diagnosed with disc produting in my back so can hardly move, my hubby and me have been together 24/7 past 7months so I no no cheating has gone on, so how the crap did I get something like this, oh girls I'm so embarrassed iv started tablets so hope this helps hope u r all ok xx
  • Posted

Hi susanna and to the rest of girls, I'm so glad I have found this, I also have gh I have it around my bum hole, I'm so embarrassed as om married with children and 37, thing is I havnt had sex in few months due to my partner Bein ill, iv also been diagnosed with disc produting in my back so can hardly move, my hubby and me have been together 24/7 past 7months so I no no cheating has gone on, so how the crap did I get something like this, oh girls I'm so embarrassed iv started tablets so hope this helps hope u r all ok xx
  • Posted

Hey, Girls....ok I was just told by two doctors that I have GH. I'm extremely sad and confused. My partner and I are very faithful I just don't know how this could have happened. I was in so much pain at the beining of the week that I would wake up and cry at least twice in the middle of the night. This is driving me crazy for the simple fact that I'm so careful. I don't know how I caught GH because my doctors made it seem as if you can catch it as easy as a cold. I'm having more test done btw I'm not accepting this nor do I fully believe I have this.
    • Posted

Tracey I was the same hun this time 2 weeks ago if u look I posted sayin same as u, but my results have come back saying it's hsv1 it is herpies but not Sexual it's to do with my liver think it could b liver disease so please wait for ur results my hubby n me r so faithful that's how I knew it couldn't be Sexual disease please at anytime contact me hun and we can chat but go with Ur gut feelin xox
  • Posted

As of Friday I've been experiencing a terrible out break. I went to the doctor that day and was told it looks like BV, but still sent a culture test for herpes. I'm in soooooooo much pain. She's prescribed me this antibiotic gel which I have to insert but these sores are sooooo painful. I've tried baking soda to dry them out, and that burned like hell. I was told to try neosporin and that's not helping at all. The only that helps is a cool rack or I will literally lay in front of the fan. At this point my mind is set that I have the virus. I so ashamed of myself. I've cried non stop and my bday is this weekend and I'm suppose to be going on a trip which I know I will not be able to enjoy because of this. I get my results tomorrow hopefully they can prescribe me something stronger because i can't take this pain anymore. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

• Posted

Try coconut oil, supposed to help with healing and very soothing.  Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Hello Marie 23540   ......How are u?It's been 10 days and im still suffering...at first i was told its a fungal infection..then i started my periods which literally worsened my condition...i went to the gynaecologist again 4 days ago n i was told just by looking that i have genital herpes...till then i was unable to pee normally..ive started peeing normally since yesterday..ive been prescribed acyclovir 800..for 7 days...though the outer wounds have dried but my labial  woundshve still not dried...today is the fourth day of my medication

...im unable to walk normally...i m helpless...i too wdnt wish it on my worst enemy....since we bth started this on the same time,i just feel u'd understand my problem the best...

• Posted

It'll get better soon @ bhumika21....as soon as I had started taking my medication within 3 days my symptoms started clearing up. I was able to pee normally within the second day which was the worst part for me during my outbreak. I use to cry every time I needed to pee. I'm still feeling pain from time to time beneath my butt area, but I was told that was due to my nerves. My period actually came on as soon as the sores went away so I was happy about that, but now that I'm feeling 80% percent better I've taken my doctors advice and started eating a lot better and was also told probiotic yogurt helps a lot! I'm still trying to deal with the fact that I have this nasty STD and have not told anyone. This site has helped me a lot this passed couple of days, and knowing that I'm not alone and that life goes on. Message me anytime if you like talking. The first outbreak is the worst from what I've read and from what I've been told. Continue to take your meds and try drinking plenty of water that helped me during my outbreak while urinating. It'll get better! Stay positive. smile
    • Posted

Hi @marie23540....so glad to hear that ur doing well....Fingers crossed things have gotten better...im able to pee normally and everythn looks normal...bt its taking time to feel normal down there .... you were lucky to have ur periods after ur sores dried away cos believe me its a living hell if it breaks out during periods....Same here i'm also feeling around 75-80% better and yes eating well and taking loads of milk and yogurt...Mentally  and emotionally it's a battle just to think that i have STD and my husband is the only partner that ive been physically involved with....I've lost my confidence and have these moments when i feel how am i going to deal with another outbreak if and when it happens....Yes i too have heard that the first outbreak is the worst..drinking loads of water and praying to God and trying to stay positive......U too do the same...Thanks for listening and replying....It's already making me feel much better.....Thank u once again
    • Posted

Hi! I too was diagnosed with herpes on tuesday. I am 5 months pregnant and have never had an outbreak before. My boyfriend doesn't seem to have it, but we won't know for sure until he gets tested. I am waiting on blood results as well to confirm it is herpes. My boyfriend has been very supportive so that has helped a lot! I'm still confused on how I got it since I only been with him throughout my pregnancy (I got pregnant the first time we had sex) so my last sexual partner was been 6 weeks before current bf. My doctor is so confused I barely started my first outbreak as si am I. I just hate that i have this especially pregnant but the outbreak is going away and I barely saw the bumps on sunday and they didnt start hurting until Tuesday. I'm taking the pills, got the cream but dont really seemed to work. My panties got stuck on the sores twice and it hurt a lot trying to remove it so I started wearing panti liners. That seemed to help. I don't know why I am going through this it really doesn't make sense as to why while pregnant. I want my baby to be born healthy. If I had known something like this would happen I would have withdrawn from sex and not gotten pregnant. A child is a blessing and I would hate myself if anything happened to my baby because of choices I've made especially choices I made before there was even a baby in me. My child shouldnt have to go through this because of me. And just last month I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I thought that was bad enough i felt grossed out by my body. How can I be making something so beautiful while having something nasty? I still have hope things will be ok. I can have a c section to avoid my baby catching this and anything else that could be happening. God is good he will make this be as they should.
    • Posted

Hi.....Sorry to hear about ur situation...Hope everythn works out great for u.....U have to stay positive cos now u have a lil one inside u....C-section  can save the baby from catching the virus...that's what i've read......it's depressing,infact during the outbreak i was thinking of visiting a psychiatrist......i was feeling so low....atm i'm trying to stay positive..
    • Posted

Hi bhumika21

I'm so happy that things going better for you it gives me a lot of hope and happiness I've been on the medication for 2 days I feel like it's healing when it tingles but it hurts worse then before the medication the gel does not help the pain at all I'm so scared to pee because I know it's going to be very painful I never had an std in my life I've take responsibility for this happening to me times I feel like my life is over I'm only 20 and I'm so scared but reading your story has lifted my spirits so much I have a lot of hope I always prayed and ask god why me and take this pain away I'm just glad I found this sight thank you

• Posted

I found out Monday that I have GH I had my 1st outbreak I believe in Friday or Saturday I didn't know what was wrong with me I thought my vagina was about to fall off. I mean I really never had this symptom b4 so I was beyond scared I was reading a googling and trying to understand what was going on with my body I was a reck then I went to the doctors I told her what I believed it was hoping it wasn't. She looked and said yes bbygirl it is GH I sat and it didn't hit me till she was standing right next to me and I started to ball out crying. This was so painful I couldn't pin point where it came from. This was just heartbreaking you know nobody wants to have pain in there genitals. It's now Wednesday and I'm still having breakouts I took my pills and cream starting Monday morning. I just hope it clears up soon this is beyond painful. Some of the sores are getting bigger this isn't cool. But hey it's life ladies we are not dead. Just heal well and think positive depression is the worst trigger to a long horrible breakout. I'm so sorry you ladies and I have to go through this but every 2 outta 5 ppl you know has this disease and don't even know it. So don't think it's the end of the world you can catch it and use protection all the time sometimes ppl have it in other areas it's a skin to skin contact disease so don't keep questioning yourself. Just know that things will get better and always be postive. Hope you ladies keep your head up and PS: look for natural cures there's no harm in trying wink
  • Posted

Hello all, I'm so glad I found this forum, so I haveht been diagnosed yet but I go into the docs tomorrow and im about 95% sure I have GH. My symptoms started Wednesday when I started burning when I used the rest room, I went to the doctors Friday thinking it was a UTI. I mentioned to my doctor I now have a painful feeling in my vagina to where I couldvt even put in a tampon. She said it was a bacterial infection and gave me an ointment. Well I woke up Saturday morning to bumps near my pubic bone and one on my libia. Very painful all over don't ever want to pee it hurts so bad. I warm bath is the only thing that makes me feel better. I woke up this morning with more bumps which are blisters . I'm so scared this is GH im making an appt asap in th morning and hoping I get some help with this because I can't take the pain it's down right awful and worse this child birth.
    • Posted

Put a cool towel there to sooth the pain try to go to a walk in clinic they will tell you instantly of yu have it they're going to have to test the lesions which is the most painful part but that all. They give yu the cream and pills. Just know the more stress you add on yourself the more bad the breakout is going to get so relax and try to calm yourself so it doesn't get worst I know it's painful the 1st outbreak always is but try to remain calm and it will go away. Make sure you try to keep the area dry. So they can heel up quicker
    • Posted

Hi lala04488, I'm assuming You too have the virus. I went to the clinic yesterday and was swabbed for herpes and chlamydia. The blister he took the swab from doesn't hurt to touch today but when I wee it hurts the urethra a little and my wee is cloudy I don't have any other symptoms apart from the odd times I wake up quite hot. I'm convinced it's herpes but I don't want to believe it. Nobody knows what I'm going through and I really want to talk to someone
    • Posted

Thank tou for the advice. I have been stressing out really bad about it. I went to my doctors yesterday and she said it looks like folliculitis, I think she's crazy and will be changing doctors if my test comes back positive. I have 4 new bumps just from yesterday and my lymph node is so swollen down there. I have so many aches and pains from my lower back down. I've prepared myself for the worst. The test takes 3 days to come back. In the mean time she tells me I have a UTI and yeast infection, can't help to think she's wrong. I will try the cold cloth. Thank you.
    • Posted

Yes I do have the virus. Two of the symptoms of HSV is painful in urination and lesions. That's when you have a outbreak of course. You're probably having flu like symptoms. idk what did your doctor say ?
    • Posted

Yes. Swollen lymphs, bumps and lesions, and painful urination is all symptoms of HSV. That's exactly what happend to me. Well just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Trust me like your life isn't over when or if you hear it.
    • Posted

He didn't say much to be honest just took my swabs and put me on acyclovir for 5 days. I started taking them yesterday and going to the toilet already doesn't hurt as much and my blisters aren't to painful even when I woke up they didn't irritate me as much, I don't know if all this is herpes or damage done from constant rough sex and maybe a uti. I feel well in myself but who knows I'm just scared. I made an appointment with my local doctor for his opinion on the sores
    • Posted

If yu have blisters Hun it's more than so yu have HSV that's the meds I have to take for my outbreaks. Only things that give yu blisters is HSV and HPV
    • Posted

But it's difference btw genital warts and herpes blister/ lesions with all the symptoms it sounds like yu had lesions/blisters
    • Posted

Oh God I knew it, just don't want to believe it. I'm so sad that I've got this at just 22 and I'm not looking forward to that dreaded call either. I'm not sure I can cope everyone has already noticed a change in me and I can't bring myself to tell them. I feel like everyone will think I'm riddled and will always question whether they will catch it if we even share a drink or something. Ffs

• Posted

I'm 22 and I found out 1-2 months ago so I know the feeling. You shouldn't tell everyone because everyone isn't going to have the same reaction. But if you feel you may be sexually active then whoever yu are with tell them. You shouldn't share drink with anybody anyway cause you can catch oral herpes like that or mono. But don't tell anybody you can't trust with that information either yu don't want ppl looking at you funny. You're perfectly fine you just have a virus that sometimes may give yu a genital skin condition. You're not going to die you're life will be a okay. It's not everybody's business you understand ppl often confuse being careful and being ignorant all the time so, only tell somebody you really really trust and that wouldn't judge you even though yu didn't do anything. It will be okay.. You understand me ?
    • Posted

Yeah I know what you mean. It's just going to be hard I can already tell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.