How long for a boxers fracture to heal? And will the ortho want surgery?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I busted my hand, the last 2 fingers, it feels like the ring finger knuckle mostly, not a lot of pain though, still can move my fingers but cant straighten them out much. I got a call from my doc and said the xray showed fractures to the last 2 fingers, i kinda knew. Swelling has went down since it happened two days ago. I didnt go to Hospital cause really I didnt know I broke my hand. I thought it was typical after hitting someone in the face. Oh and btw, what happened was I confronted my ghetto neighbor down my street who never takes the time to make sure their dog doesnt get out and terrorize my side of the neighborhood. I didnt expect things to go south but what did I expect from the ghetto, proned to Hispanic machismo and of course, pitbull owners never do anything wrong. Well I got fired up cause im fed up, he gets in my face and I attempt to push him away and he reaches out to grab my face mask, cutting my ear, so in reaction time I'm p****d already, I was "wtf'd" and shot a couple hay makers. He fell and he claimed he couldnt see out of his eye, and of course for every 1 Mexican asshat, theres several others to take his place. Yes I am Mexican myself so I know this.

Anyways, I have an appointment with the orthopedic tomorrow. I am lucky to be able to get in this early cause the available next open slot is 4 weeks. How long would a fracture, depending on severity, take to heal? So far I can move my digits except extend them very well. Swelling is going down but starting to hurt more if I hit my hand on something. i can type too lol. I still have a form on my hand, its not lopsided or short on one side like I've seen other hand fractures. Its hard to feel my two knuckles though. So i really hope I didnt shatter them.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.