How long for decision in writing after tribunal.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi any advise would be great.

I had my pip tribunal appeal today at 3pm and I have to say it was awful I felt so uncomfortable and when her doctor asked me how I'm feeling today I said I've had a bit of mania the last couple month his reply was well you don't seem like someone I know who would be in a mania state, to be honest I'm in I room being judged I'm not rude nor will I become aggressive as im not like that unless I'm in a real hypomania and I'm in a professional place so I try to be professional.

When they finished they said they will make a decision today and send it to me in the post today,

I was wondering does this meannits a no as a lot of people I hear of get there decision on the day.

Please help

Many thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

With comments like that from a doctor I am disgusted to say the least.

'Oh I have a mental illness - well you don't look like you have. But honest I have, my psychiatrist says I have - well he would say that wouldn't he?'

No idea on what the result will be, but don't worry there are as many that get an award as don't (for new claimants that is so I would say a 50/50 chance.

• Posted

I would add that I had a face to face where the doctor reported to the DWP that one of the drugs that I was prescribed - Lithium - he had never heard of it being prescribed for a mental health condition.

This is despite of it being prescribed along with other anti psychotic medication by my pyschiatrist. Suffice it to say that the DWP agreed with him and refused the award.

• Posted

The one that said that the drugs I was on were not for mental health was actually a GP and some months later joined a practice in the West Country (according to the BMA)
  • Posted

Hi Sally

All I can honestly say regarding the tribunal appeal is that when I took my daughter for hers as I am her rep, we had the reply that day. we had to wait for them to make a decision and then called us back in and our reply was she wasn't entitled to it but they did give her extra points still over the PIP, so not sure how it works if they say they will let you know.

• Posted

Absolutely appalling but you will find typical of these clowns. I told my assessor that he shouldn't be anywhere near patients as he is not a doctor.

• Posted

Have you got a CPN did anyone go with you what medical reporys did you have .they send the appeal report decision back to DWP as they have 28 days to apeal the decision if it goes in your favour .the DWP rarely apeal but they have to be given the option .
    • Posted

Hi Jackie,

What is a CPN please?

Also I had my husband, friend and a representative from welfare rights.

I also had medical reports from my psychiatrist, GP, my regular homestart support worker ( help at home) and welfare rights appeal letters.

So does that mean they won't make a decision until the DWP decide if they want to appeal themselves.

• Posted

A CPN is a comunity phyciayric nurse she visits every week and does a written report which i get a copy my doctor and consultantalso gets a copy so they can amend or discuss my meds .im under devon mental health and have a leval 6 nurse also consultant phychiayrist
    • Posted

Its very rare that they apeal the tribunal decision .give DWP a call to see if they have received the trivunal decicion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.