how long for echocardiogram results?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I had an echocardiogram 5 days ago. Has anyone had one and if so how long for results? If there was a problem would I have heard back by now? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My results took 10 days to come back so 5 days isn't that long. You can ring your surgery if it was the GP who sent you and ask if they are back and if not how long it will take. I hope it's good news
  • Posted

Hi Juice, I've had a Echocardiogram, I thinknow it's a bit too soon for result,you probably

Have to go back to your Cardiologist for result, I've had a double heart by pass 10 years ago,I've had every test there is

Plus Angiograms and stents implants.what problems do you have?

• Posted

My husbands was told to wait by the operator, 15 mins later we were called into the cardiologist's office and given the bad news, he had dialated cardiomyopathy, or heart failure, cause unknown, so they don't muck around if it is serious.

2 days later he collapsed, with congestive heart failure, and was admitted to hospital for 8 days, where they stablised him.

5 years later, 2 weeks ago he collapsed again, heartbeat at 30 at home, hospital didn't believe my little home blood pressure monitor which also shows his heartbeat, made insulting comments about wasting our time and money.

I suggested they take his blood pressure and heart rate on their big fancy machine, came back with the same readings, at that point they hit the red emergency button.

I am not fobbed off easily by some jumped up staff member at the hospital who doesn't know what she is taking about.

I have educated myself about my husbands heart condition, to date this is the fourth time I have saved his life by insisting a Dr examine him, and even then in one case I insisted on another Dr, as the first didn't know what he was taking about.

Kept asking myself why my instintive knowledge was so high, my nursing sister/sibling said to me you lived with a heart failure father your entire life, you know more than even you are aware.

Kept him this time for 4 days, installed pacemaker with defib, home again 12 hours later, and doing well. 

He is a failing heart failure patient, needing the pacemaker is just another step down in the heart failure process I'm afraid, but there is still alot they can do for him with modern medicine.

• Posted

I would have though 2 weeks par for the course and they should write you a letter and give you the results

It took two weeks for my results but I have had issues going back to last May as had a heart attack in May 2015 and then three stents fitted ended up with an erratic heartbeat

The results are quite confusing to me in my case as all medical talk and not in plain English

• Posted

Hi If you dont mind me saying i would take this up with your Consultant Cardiologist or Via their secretary but be persistant as its your health and important answers to you.

Get  him/her  to explain the result more clearly and get them to send you a copy of it in plain English via your GP .

I am sure they will be more than Happy to do this as most are very approachable and Professional.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback

I received a letter yesterday explaining the outcome but has been referred to the head consultant to make a decision this has been going on now since 26th Feb 2016

I have looked up the medical terminology and the are two options I have 3 stents at the moment from last year 1 in the LAD 1 in the RCA and 1 in the LMS

In the LAD the artery is narrowing just before the stent that was inserted

This is after 10 months so I am guessing the medication and food watching has not made any different S

The hospital are basically saying that I have an option of re vasculization at the distin area and apparently that is furthest away from the heart and the easiest position to treat

It's strange however letter s going back to Feb which mentioned CABG

And the stent option

But to giving it a new terminology

I have looked it up and the three are three different areas to treat so overall may not be as bad

I am hopeful I may be able to talk about keyhole surgery as also read the it could be possible for the LAD

I await their feed back before and further test on pressure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.