How long for Lyme disease microbiology results?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a blood test for Lyme 2 weeks ago, no results yet and GP doesn't know how long it will take.  Does anyone know how long it takes for a result please? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had mine in two days.  Pretty simple blood test in the US.    
    • Posted

Thanks Tickfighter, I'm in the UK and it seems it's not quite as simple!  No idea why.

Hope you're doing OK.

• Posted

i'm having mine done on thursday, my primary said one to two weeks 

• Posted

Hi briannedav39, well if you're in the UK be prepared for a wait.  Hope it goes well for you.  I know it's not a great thing to have, but i'm almost hoping it is that cos if it's something they can put a name to then hopefully they can treat it quite soon, and hopefully I've caught it early as I actually saw the tick on me.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I hope everything works out for you as well! I have been in pain for such a long time, and i pray that you aren't going through the same! So happy to hear you caught it, but just know that even if the test comes back negative, there is a chance you can still have it! Wishing you the best of luck. Keep us updated!! 

• Posted

Thank you.  Yes I'm aware of the false negative possibility.  I hope you are not in pain for too much longer.  Take care.

• Posted

My test took about 7 days, but I have heard they can take up to a couple weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.