How long for meds to work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently started bp meds.I started at around 165/90 and Coversyl did not reduce my bp enough or for long enough (I got to 145/85 for around 4 hours per day). Telmisartan got me down to 140/80 for around 6-8 hours per day. This has now been combined with amlodipine which looked promising for the first 3 days - I was getting readings from 110-120/80 for a good few hours and staying below 140/85 for 12 hours then it seemed to stop working and I cant get below 140 and after 8 hours it climbs back again. I feel rough and am worried that I can't get my bp under control. Any advice?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just realised that I said I was 55 - haha no 54 (I am obviously going senile too) - won't be 55 till Feb 2017 !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.