how long for mirt to work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, i have tried to reduce my mirt and i am feeling very sad.  i was at 30for 3 weeks,but i am experiencin anxiety. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hang in suzie...i dont have any information that i can give you ...just wanted to give you some support from me.........stay strong...easier said than done though.....x
    • Posted

thanks lesley,

i don't know what to do.  i feel so sad and tired today. i don't know what to do ...it's been going on for so long. 

• Posted

hey sizie......same here went to sleep at 9 last night nearly midday and i feel the same its rubbish isnt it girl....and yes it is way too long sending you positive thoughts hope we find a solution soon..take care x
    • Posted

hi lesley,

i took the full 30 last night.  woke at 4 in the am.  i just don't know why i can't handle these meds.then i think maybe i am bipolar

have all these things running through my head.  how r u

• Posted

hi suzie ...yep i took the full 30 and woke up at the same time!!...whats that about...same here thoughts running through the head...which makes me think its the meds ..or we are both bipolar....lets hope not hun but its very strange indeed.....ive been sitting on my couch since 4am unable to move .....do you get those days too??
    • Posted

its strange i feel almost scared of something and i dont know how to move.....its awe consuming i really dont like it all.......dont wanna go on downward spiral........like not caring about how i look etc so maybe a talk to the doctor again.......i dont even wanna go there which is crazy in itself.....keep going hun if you can...thinking of you..
    • Posted

hey lesley,

it is awful.  me too, at least my daughter made me go out to buy her some stuff.  now i am lying on the sofa. 

how lomg have you been on mirtzapine?  psych dr. told me to reduce now, but i feel like i need to be monitered.  tonight imam taking  a sleeping pill. god give us strength

• Posted

oh suzie agreed at least you got out well done.........im am now typing from my sofa!!.....did manage to get out the door for a while myself too!!.....i have been on mirtazipine for 30 days 30mg and prior to that was on 15mg i took 20 of them ...soo tempted to just take 15 tonight as they wernt so bad.....mmmm kind people on here im sure will disagree...but yours is the first post ive seen...apart from one earlier from bozzer who told me not to be stupid .....ok guess i wont be stupid then and reduce by much...thanks suzie and hope you sleep well....keep strong..
    • Posted

it sounds like we have been on it for the same length of time at the same amount.  at 15 it was fine for mefor sleep but then it was increased for the depression.... now trying to reduce as instructedby psych.  just see if you can take 3/4 of a pill. maybe we can try it together. but i am going to have to take something for the depression ... it's there. positive thoughts to you lesley
    • Posted

oh ok suzie thats mad we have been on them for the same length of time...mad old world...same here 15mg to sleep then increased for depression,,,yeah like that worked!!....yeah lets try it together...have taken less just now so keep you posted.......positive vibes coming back at you too suzie......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.