How long for payment after PIP tribunal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yaaay rang dwp today to ask if they was gonna be appealing after tribunal on 27th may, (somebody rang last week asking if id been in hospital abroad or in prison) they said they wasn't appealing. How long does it take usually for a payment after tribunal? I'm owed a years worth.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I waited 4 weeks for my money time be sorted out but it can take up to 6 weeks to be sorted just have to wait as when I contacted them they told me that they had 28 days to sort out but it take longer xx
    • Posted

Is that 28 days after tribunal? Or 28 days after they've rung me? Thank-you xxx
    • Posted

It's 28 days from them getting the decision from the appeal so you shouldn't wait that long now
    • Posted

Im waiting to hear from DWP regarding a desicion for a change of circumstance form and evidence ive sent in i rang to ask if they had received all paper work and the said its been sent to the assesors and they will be in touch soon
  • Posted

I have won my appeal at court two weeks ago I get different stories from them I am owed a years money how long will it take because they ain't giving Me straight answers

• Posted

Great news Alison! DWP have the same rules as we do to appeal any decision, to be able to appeal a tribunal decision they have to ask them for a statement of reasons. They then have the same amount of time as we do which is 1 month. DWP may decide to appeal BUT it's very rare they do, the reason being because to appeal a tribunal decision an error of law must have been made in making that decision. DWP will have to prove that this happened.

Your back dated money may take some time though and no one can really give you a time on this. Maybe you can ring the tribunal and ask if they've sent DWP their decision. If they have give DWP another ring. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.