How long for sex after Urolift?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had Urolift about 10 days ago. Feeling OK, but horny. Doctor said to wait about two weeks before ejaculation. Does this seem to be the general consensus?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey William

I had my Urolift done over 4 years ago. My doctor told me 4 weeks because they want the clips to a here to the prostate. I would wait till at least 3 weeks

No rough sex......Ken.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I guess you are wanting to see if it is true that the Urolift does not cause RE. I had the Urolift in March and my Urologist did not say anything about when I could have sex. My Urolift burned for a week before I could even think about sex and I think it was about two weeks before I had intercourse, and I did not have RE.

I was more concerned about my FLOW and my Urolift made it worse and I have a bad sensation in that area. A recent Cyscostopy did not reveal a clip in my bladder and my Urologist did not say anything about what made my flow worse. I think I have some puckers between the clips in the Urethra and they are making my flow worse. Wish I had never had this procedure done and will be talking to my Urologist next Tuesday about removing the clips in my Urethra to get back to my normal flow and hope the sensation in that area will go away. He might want to do a TURP and he already knows that is not an option until I have to urinate through a catheter and I have no more sex desires.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a Urolift several years ago. Did nothing for me but cause some additional issues that at least weren't serious, but nevertheless. They still exist. Not to mention the discomfort after the proceduer. Like Jim94474 I regret the procedure. Regarding sex, I don't remember but I did not want to rush it and I think the doc said at least 2 weeks. I waited longer. Take your time.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had urolift done 10 months ago. Have had slight improvement but need now need a TURP (or part-turp). I have continual discomfort from urolift and also wish I hadn't had it. I think the Uro's advise no sex for 4 weeks.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Does no one ever contact the developers to tell them of their failures ? When GL first started both in America and the UK reps were often present at procedures as observers and advisors.

I had an Amplatzer amulet fitted into my left atrial appendage and even two years after the UK trial had finished St Jude Medical had an observer at my procedure even although my surgeon had done over a hundred of them.

If they are not told Uro's who give poor results will keep on doing them. At the hospital where I had my heart valve replaced one surgeon had three unexplained deaths over a short period of bypass patients and he was stopped from operating until there had been a full inquiry.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up