How long for spermatic cord swelling to reduce after hydrocelectomy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my hydrocelectomy done 2 days ago.

The left testicle spermatic cord is swollen and I am wondering how long it normally takes for this to ease and to go back to normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

2.5 weeks post-op, the swelling is still there. Most of the discomfort is gone, just a little hypersensitivity on the skin over it. Probably the most unusual thing is that the associated testicle is riding quite a bit higher than it used to, I'm hoping this resolves as the swelling reduces. I have a follow-up with my surgeon in 3-4 weeks, will wait until then and hope its gone by then. Are you on an antibiotic?

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. Yes I am taking Clavamel forte. The skin that was around the hydrocele still exists for me. The urologist said that it may be some time for the skin shrinks in around the testicle.
    • Posted

I meant the skin over my pubic bone was hypersensitive, and I can feel the swelling over the bone, thick immediately coming off the testicle then thinning out as it goes up over the bone. The sutured hydrocele tissue was soft and not well-defined, then it became swollen and very firm a few days after (and seems to be remaining this way for now), at which point the cord became swollen too. I'm still getting the odd twinge of discomfort, but its nothing like it was a week ago.

• Posted

2 days after my hydrocelectomy operation I felt more uncomfort than actual pain. I can't remember noticing swollen spermatic cord. But in general I would advice you to be patience. The surgery is kind of minor but still....you know.. they basically take out your testicle, they fix it and they put it back again....I think you will be fine. Be patience.

• Posted

The way my surgeon described it to me was they take most of the internal  sack that the testicle section out that is supposed to stop it from happening again it took me approximately three months to get completely healed up Lotta pain a lot of swelling in my spermatic cord was sore  all of that time put me on major antibiotics I took for 30 days and everything is doing pretty good now  good luck 
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing. Is sexual intercourse confortable now? I presume fertility has not been affected due to the spermatic cord swelling?
  • Posted

Haven't had sex in probably five years but I can masturbate  I have a very week erection now and very small 4 inches  I also had a TURP and a dilation of the urethra that is what really screwed up my erection 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.