how long for symptoms to appear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bite from something in 1967 (in suffolk) , the only reason i remember is because i was scratching it and my mum asked to have a look.  It was a round rash and my mum said i had ringworm, i put on some cream and forgot about it'

In 1997 i was in texas and the same thing happened, a bite and a round rash. I ignored it.

I had no symptoms untill about 5 years ago.  I now suffer from extreme fatigue, muscle aches, lack of concentration and general apathy. I feel as tired in the morning after getting up as i do at night.

My question is can lyme disease stay dormant for this long?  I have had MANY blood tests, thyroid tests etc, all normal.  No doctor has said i have chronic fatigue syndrome i have just assumed that is what i have.

I haven,t seen my GP re this yet as i only discovered the signs of lyme disease recently (round rash)

I am 66 so i am guessing that i will find it difficult to get a test for this, even if i do is it too late to treat, assuming i have had it this long.

Is there a reason not to test for lyme disease? ie cost to the NHS or it is so unreliable that it is not worth the bother.

thanks alan

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.