How long from experience does it take to work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Mirt for nearly 2 weeks now, was on Fluoxetine for 4 weeks before but didn't see any improvement, couldn't sleep or hardly eat as felt sick so doctor had me stop & started me on 15mg of Mirt, when I first started I felt better but then the last few days have had increased anxiety & nausea again, + feeling down & depressed. How long does it take to start feeling effect? Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Forgot to say I am trying antidepressants to help for mainly anxiety, mild depresssion & emetophobia (fear of being sick).

• Posted

hi, i was also prescribed pregabalin for anxiety.This also worked great for me, 75 ng twice a day for anxiety. it kicks in within hours or a few days. Its a off the cuff medication that can help anxiety. please Google to see some positive results. my cousin and a close friend have just started it for anxiety and it's turned there lives around. I came off it easy as it can be prescribed in 25 mg doses which makes each drop easier each time when tapering down. it really helps calm u down.

• Posted

you can take it with mirt as i did no probs. please give it a shot if you r struggling.

• Posted

Ok thanks will ask my doctor about it this week, I have been on 15mg of Mirt for nearly 3 weeks & it is helping so far with appetite & sleep but not yet for Anxiety & Depression, hopefully taking the Pregabalin will help too especially for my Anxiety...

• Posted

I was the same after about two months but stabilized now although I cant taste anything. for me it started working right I felt

• Posted

i highly encourage you to browse the site survivingantidepressants.org

• Posted

I just hate this nausea the most, I thought Mirt was meant to work against Nausea? Maybe because I am constipated, the nausea has kicked in? Anyone else have in the first few weeks? Thanks

• Posted

hi it worked straight away for me, with in days. helped me eat and sleep. two thing's i could not do through bereavement. .i also had CBT counselling. you should maybe look into that as tablets alone may not help you. It looks at how u think and change your anxiety about that issue. in your case fear of being sick. u look at it rationally and not be afraid of it.

• Posted

it will probably be slight withdrawal from the ssri causing the nausea but will settle

• Posted

Yes sleep & appetite are good, so far has worked for that. I tried CBT for 2 months but unfortunately it didn't help, hence why I am trying medication.

• Posted

That's what I am now thinking, I finished the Fluoxetine nearly 3 weeks ago now & the increased Anxiety & Nausea kicked in about 2 weeks after finishing. Maybe it's not the Mirt afterall? I was only on Flu for 4 weeks so thought I wouldn't have withdrawals but maybe it is?

• Posted

jordan ive been on mirt 3 times the last for 10 days and i had withdrawal for about 5 months!

• Posted

Hi Toria, did the Mirt help you with Anxiety & Depression while on them? Thanks

• Posted

hi jordan, it helped massively with depression, not anxiety as id never had that until withdrawal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.