How long from stage 4-5

Posted , 5 users are following.

My sister has alports and has stage 4 ckd which doctors are trying to controll through diet. Was wondering what everyone's experiences/time frame was from ckd4-5

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry i can't answer this but I'm very interested in others experiences too.

I have iga nephropathy with a gfr of somewhere between 20 and 23.

When diagnosed 2 months ago my blood pressure and proteinuria was through the roof but is now in normal range with medication.

• Posted

Sorry but there is no time scale. I have been ckd stage 4/5 for 13 years and been on the kidney/pancreas tranplant list for seven years. My egfr fluctuates between 14 and 21. I am a believer in pma ( positive mental attitude). I am still working (building power stations and oil rigs)ahd I believe in pushing myself. Its hard but all I can say is keep going and dont give in.
  • Posted

I was at 28% (stage 4) for 5 years before I went to stage 5, I stayed the same fore 5 years and then i went to 21% then to 18% then went down fast to 12%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.